Chapter 1 - The Hate In Our Stars

This book is also available on Radish! If you want to read more chapters, head over to Radish. :)

We've posted until Chapter 3 there.

******

CHAPTER 1: THE HATE IN OUR STARS

-ZOE-

His lips trailed kisses down my throat.

At the same time, he discarded his expensively-tailored jacket. I heard the door close and the soft rustle of fabric as his jacket lay discarded on the floor. Everything was happening so fast! One moment we were by the doorway and then the next, I felt the corners of the dining table digging against my hip.

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him back with all I had. He was much taller than me and I had to stand on the tips of my toes to match his towering height. He drew me closer—as if it was possible when our bodies were already pressed so intimately together—and pressed his lips against mine once more.

It wasn't soft, feather-light kisses made to entice and arouse. It was hard and determined—kisses that showed lust and desperation.

I arched my back and tilted my neck to the side to give him easier access. He tensed. Then, in one swift move, he lifted me to the table. I heard the crash of plates and silverware as they fell to the floor and broke into pieces.

But those didn't matter.

I felt his hands on the buttons of my blouse, fumbling to open it. I reached down to help him, but before I can even grasp the fabric, he tugged. Hard. The buttons went the same way the plates did. My blouse lay shredded on the wooden floor.

He was good.

But even when his touch and his kisses made my body sing, a part of me was holding back... or maybe I was just nervous. And maybe I really shouldn't have been thinking when a guy was kissing me senseless.

So I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

As he kissed me, the stubble on his chin brushed against my skin. My hands felt the rippling muscles that lay beneath his silk shirt. I moved my hands lower and felt the hard ridges on his abdomen. I tugged on his shirt and untucked it. Then, it was my turn to fumble on the buttons.

He broke the kiss for a moment and ripped off his shirt too. I tilted my head upwards and looked straight into his blue eyes.

Big mistake.

Those eyes were so overly familiar once—a long time ago. Those eyes also changed much over the years until I couldn't recognize them anymore.

Now... Blank. Blue eyes gazed at me when they should've been filled with passion.

He reached for me again and this time, I felt empty inside. It was as if a bucket of ice-cold water had been poured over my heated body. I froze.

When he kissed me again, everything about it was off.

His scent was overpowering. His hands were too rough. His belt buckle dug against my thighs. His stubble felt like sandpaper against my skin.

He moved to kiss my lips and I turned my head away.

"CUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!"

In the span of a heartbeat, I pushed him off me and hopped off the table. I reached for the robe my assistant offered and wrapped it around me. My other assistants gathered around and retouched my powder and also the lipstick, which was smeared by his kisses.