Prologue

Let's just say that the day when my mom and dad told me we would move to a house in another town and in the woods was not my best day. And that's not all I had to change school to!!! Because my old school was apparently "too far away". Eurgh that meant I had to leave my friends. Not that I had that many but I had to leave the once I had.

I knew that being new at a school was not always that fun. From the experiences I had had when I saw the once that started in my school they had all got bullied from the start. So over all I did not like the whole moving idea. Yes I know I can still met my friends and talk to them but all this woods thing was not really my thing.

I'm 16 years old. My name is Alice. I love my name. Not many people do they always say "I would like to be called Lisa." or "I wish my name was Peter." Anyway I love my name and I know that it's weird but I'm thankful to my parents for giving me this lovely name sometimes I even say "Thank you for naming me Alice." I told you it was weird. I look kind of normal I guess. I have gold blond hair almost brown but not really. It goes all the way down to my belly button and I would never want to cut it. I love to have long hair that I can always feel on my shoulders and when I am swimming it just flows and goes all around me. My eyes are blue and my lips are red... But I guess everybody's lips are... I'm kind of pale and that's something I hate about me I'm not like white but I'm not as brown as my friends are. Of course I get browner in the summer but never THAT brown. You know when some guys gets really brown and not at all pale? I hate that it is like that. Because guys don't care!!!!!! Well of course some do but you get my point...

I'm that kind of person that either talks really much or barely talks at all. I love to be the centre of attention but I also like to be alone and to think. I really like to joke around and have fun with my friends but when it gets serious I am the most serious person in the group. I'm always the most "mature " one and that gives me some kind of responsibility everybody always count on me to be mature and to solve a problem but truth is i can't do that all the time sometimes I just want to let o of everything and count on somebody else. I'm pretty good in school and I have never failed a test or a subject. I'm not the "teachers pet" but somehow all the teachers always like me and that's something I can get teased for. That really annoys me because its not my fault that people like me. And who doesn't want to be liked anyway?

I'm the only kid in my family so it's just me mom and dad. I like to be the only child because then I don't have someone to bother me all the time like all my friends have.

My dad drove up on the driveway to our new house. The house was big and it looked kind of old and I don't know what I should say but it looked like it had had its days. It had a big garden and I couldn't see that many houses around maybe two if I looked carefully.

"Are we gonna live here?" I said.

"Yeah. Isn't it lovely?" My mom said with her happy voice.

"No!!! Are you serious?? The paint had flacked and it looks like it was built before you were born."

"Don't be that negative Alice! I know that it's not that new and modern and it has some things to fix but can't you see how beautiful it is here? This is a great place for us to start over and just come away from the busy life we have had before." My mom said. My dad had retired and my mom had decided to start a new job as an artist she had always loved to sculp but before it had just been an hobby but here we had an atelier in the garden so she wanted to work with something that she really liked.

"Hmfp!!!" I just said as I walked out of the car and got my bag with the most important stuff in and my guitar case out. I had really wanted to have my guitar in the car because i didn't trust anybody else with it.

I walked up to the stairs that went up to the front door and looked at the house.

"Here we go..." I sighted and walked up the stairs and got out the keys and unlocked the door.

I took a nervous breath before I opened the door. It was dark inside I felt for the lamp switch on the side of the door and found it and switched it.

"Eurgh... This is a good start..." I looked up in the celling there was no light bulb in the lamp.

My dad came in behind me. "We will have to fix that later." He said and looked up in the celling then he put down his bags. "Can you get the flash lamp in the car Anna??!!" He screamed at my mum. We had always had a flash light in our car. My dad wanted to have it there for "emergencies". I had always teased him because we had never used it. I guess I couldn't tease him for that anymore...

"I got it" My mom stood beside me now. She turned on the flash light and I could finally see something in there.

I was surprised cause it was actually kind of clean in there I guess the sellers had cleaned it before they showed it four people who wanted to buy it. My mom instantly went to the windows and opened the curtains so some light came in to the house.

"Why won't you go and 'explore' the house?" My dad apparently thought I was nine years old.

"Sure..." I muttered because I didn't want to start an argument. My dad gave me the flash light and I walked away.

I took a quick look around the first floor. It was kind of big. I found the kitchen first and I cold see that the wall was a little bit black over the oven. What had happened here? Then I found a big room that probably would be our living room. It had an old piano standing in one of the corners. I opened the lid and started to play a little. It didn't sound that good it must have been a long time since someone played on it. Then I walked up to the second floor I instantly walked in to a room with a big window that had a beautiful view over the forest. I wanted this room as my room. I took a quick look in to the other rooms on the floor and then I went down to my parents.

"I have finished looking. Is it okey if I get the room with the big window on the second floor?" I asked my parents.

"Yeah sure. We will probably sleep on the first floor anyway." My mom said.

"Did you look on the attic?" My dad asked me.

"No..." I know it's probably kind of ridiculous but I was a bit scared to go up to the attic. "I'm just gonna take a walk."

"Sure. Be home soon." My mom said.

I grabbed my guitar and walked out. I went towards the forest after I had walked a while I found a big stone that I sat down on. Then I took out the guitar and started to play.