Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: Let those pranks in the Magicians' Gill commence

In Chapter 3, Kitty and Miyuki successfully killed the Ichanis due to their cleverness and luck, and coincidentally, High Lord Akkarin of the Magicians' Guild found out about it. What would he do to them? What misconception would he have about them? Would this Ichani wipeout change Kitty and Miyuki's lives forever? Why not read on to find out? And oh yes, prepare to laugh till you cry!

"Tell me, how did you kill the Ichanis?" The High Lord's scary eyes bored onto them. "I spent years trying to kill the Ichanis and the two of you killed them so effortlessly that I didn't even detect any use of strong magic!"

"Um..." Miyuki stammered. "What Ic... Ice kacang?"

Kitty interrupted, proudly announcing, "We use MAGIC! We are so powerful that we killed them with magic! That'll show the Magicians' Fish Gill for being so arrogant!'

The High Lord's eyes widened and he scanned Kitty and Miyuki in great detail, as though they were samples from a museum.

'Where do you come from? Did you know the Guild do not allow rogue magicians to exist outside of its control? Who is your teacher and why are you here?"

Miyuki blinked. "Huh? What are you talking about? I don't know. I woke up on bed this morning and found myself in this dirty fish gill. We don't have any teachers. We train ourselves."

"Ah, a natural." There was a faint smile. "Show me what you can do. This is rare you know."

Kitty took out her mobile phone which was switched on. There was a light from it, shining brightly.

"See! Magic!" Kitty exclaimed. Then, in a softer voice, she mumbled, "Hopefully, they have no idea what is technology."

A look of surprise crossed the High Lord's face before he commended, "That's a very strong globe light." Then he reached a hand out to them. "Can I test your magic potential?'

"NO!" They yelled at the same time. "Don't molest us! We don't even know who the hell are you. You suddenly popped out from nowhere in this horrifying black robes."

"I am High Lord Akkarin, from the Magicians' Guild. Look, the two of you may not understand how powerful the Ichanis are but -"

Miyuki laughed her trademark laugh. "You are a magician? Show us some tricks, like pull a rabbit out of your hat. Or robes. Whatever lah!"

"Why is your name so weird?" Kitty asked. "Ah Curry?"

The High Lord sighed and repeated, "Let me test your magical potential..." He held out his arm once more towards Miyuki and kitty.

"MOLEST!" Kitty shrieked.

Miyuki, without thinking, smacked the High lord's outstretched arm with her palm.

A menacing look of fury washed across the High Lord's face then. He roared out, "No one has ever tried to hurt me physically before except the Ichani! And my own mother who smacks my ass when I'm a baby!"

Kitty and Miyuki sensed that something was not right and their instincts told them to back away...

As they edged away from the black-robed figure, Miyuki nudged Kitty. "Kitty, when I count to 3, both of us takes out our handphones and blind him with the flashlight, okay? If that is not enough, we take out our water bottle and splash water at him." She whispered. Kitty nodded rigidly as she trembled in fear. "And then, we would run away before he tries to injure us or something," Miyuki added on.

The High Lord's expression unexpectedly softened at this moment. He tried to explain to them in a smooth voice now, "I apologise for that outburst. But it is my duty to test how strong the two of your magic are. You see, the Ichanis are really powerful and I myself couldn't kill them. Since you two helped to do the world a huge favor even though you do not understand the danger, I wish to give you a place in the Magician's Guild. But you must tell no one about the Ichanis. Only 9 Ichanis have been killed. There's still Kariko and a few others."