My E-mails With God

God has planned Happiness for each of us at the right time;

it is only that he does not share his calendar with us.

I laughed at the words in front of me at my laptop screen. Who has a proof that God has such a calendar? I have a proof that he does not- I have had constant disappointment since the past one year and it did not seem that “LORD ALMIGHTY” had anything planned for me in that calendar of His.

And so I decided to ask him. Prayer is what everyone did and as the saying goes, ‘you do what you always did and you get what you always got’.  As crazy as it sounded, I decided to send an email.

“Dear Heavenly Father,

I wanted to talk to you. I really hope that you will reply. It is said that you have planned everything for everyone. What about me, Father? Piano was my life and now that I have lost my arm, how can I play? The accident has ruined me.

No one’s life is a bed of roses, I know. But my life has been so unfair.

Why me?    

-Kay

And I pressed send.

“ERROR! Please specify at least one recipient”

Now who would know God’s email address. If I were God what would my E-mail address be? Not that God would actually have an address, but since I had already typed the E-mail I decided to type an imaginary address. And that’s how I came with this address – rulestheworld_residesinheaven@peace-peace.com

Why I ever chose this email address, I myself don’t know, but no sooner had I pressed sent I received a reply.

Yes, a reply from one who resides in heaven and rules the world- God.

Dear Kayla,

Be strong, child.

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.” 

Keep calm and have patience. I shall help and guide you always. But, l have a deal.

-Your Heavenly Father  

What electronic device would God have used to reply?

Steve Jobs must really have made heaven techno-savvy.

This had to be a prank.

‘For all I know you could be a stalker’ I replied. After all who had not read of those horrible stories of murders due to e-mail with strangers? But the fact that the mail had been addressed with my real name, name that I rarely used and no one knew, was strange.

Dear Kayla,

 You find it unbelievable. You have very little faith in me, I must say.

By the way, I don’t need Steve Jobs or any of his electronics to send a mail.

Good night child

-God

My heartbeat accelerated to a rate that I did not know even existed.  I had received a reply, from God. I somehow knew that moment that I did not need any proofs. That night, before going to sleep, I prayed for the first time in years to my new heavenly friend.