caged

warning:nah [not edited!! So sorry for the stupid grammar mistakes !!]
summary: Holtzmann has a trouble coping with some mistakes.
(Headcanon of Holtzmann with Aspergers)

---------------------------------------------

   Wrong,wrong, wrong, she repeated in her head angrily as her experiment goes up in a small poof. The engineer slumps her head back, staring at the bright white ceiling that was spotted with various marks and spots. Holtzmann pushes off the tinted glasses from her greased face, letting them dangle from one ear. Her blue eyes search her messy desk. The seeping light from the covered windows, casting an eerie shadow over her beloved items. It had been the 3rd mistake of the day and it was only 9 am. Her angry hands shook, and she felt the loud alarm in her head go off in anger. She wanted to escape the never ending burden of her stupid experiments. Her eyes land upon the small fire that started in the mess of her desk. With a sigh, she pushes herself up, earning a loud squeak from the metal chair. Holtzmann swipes the heavy extinguisher off from the cluttered floor. She pushes the messy mop of hair off of her oil splattered face and glances up to see a wide eyes staring at her through the tiny crack of the door. Holtzmann quickly flashes a fake smirk and winks, gathering the mess of herself together, almost dropping the tank as she did so. She then heard a squeak and the slight tumble of Erin running down the stairs.
-
   Erin is sprawled on the ripped couch, hours after her embarrassing incident. She just look so vulnerable, so innocent. The warm sun had reflected onto Holtzmann's smooth face, contouring her face perfectly. Holtzmann just seemed so perfect at the moment, and Erin had decided to ruin it.
   Erin runs a heavy hand down the side of her face and moves to get up, reaching for the black coffee she had in a 'World's best Dad!' Cup. (A gift from Abby of course )
BANG!
    Erin's chocolate brown eyes widen in surprise as she looks towards the second floor.
  "Holtz???" she calls out. Her heart beats loudly in her heart, nervous and afraid. When she gets no response, the scientist runs up the stairs, dodging each box placed messily upon the cement stairs.
   Erin pushes open Holtzmann's door, hearing the metal sign that read 'Explosives' clang behind her as she closed the door. She scanned the messy flat, seeing no trace of the messy-haired engineer.
  "Holtz!?"she calls out again as she sees the open window, and the movement of the curtains as the crisp summer air brushed pass them. She makes her way to the window and peeks her head out, seeing only the taxi cluttered street. She looked around and saw a familiar pair of yellow tinted glasses hanging from the end of the roof. The redhead's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she reached out to grab them.
   "Fancy meeting you here," a familiar voice purrs, making the scientist jump in surprise. She looks to the very end of the awning and sees Holtzmann, chilling on the small metal roof. Her eyes were red, as if she was crying.
   "What are you doing? Come in here," Erin says sternly as she reaches out for the honey-blonde. Holtzmann hesitates and finally nods, secretly afraid of being this high on such a small surface.
  The particle physics scientist gently picks up Holtzmann, feeling the fabric of her soft shirt. She quickly pulls her into the messy flat once more, and sets her down softly. Erin's eyes sweep over the smaller woman's frame, seeing how she looked slightly frazzled and was shaking slightly.
   "What were you doing?" Erin inquires as the engineer gathers herself. She squints up at Erin, not answering to the redhead.
-
So much was going through Holtzmann's head. It started as wanting to feel the breeze, the exciting feeling of her hair flying behind her as if she was soaring through the air. The feeling calmed her, made her feel more at ease. Her angry thoughts soon melted away and she craved the air more. One thing led to another and she found herself clinging to the brick wall, glasses gone, and the bright lights hurting her eyes. Her senses were having an overload, and she was in the midst of a panic attack. Her sweat made each supposedly comfortable clothing stick to her skin, making her breathing tight and difficult. The bright afternoon sun burned and hurt her eyes beyond comfort. The loud horns of the traffic below her hurt her ears, but is she were to cover them she would fall. Fall and hit the ground, gone without a single goodbye. Gone to a stupid fantasy.
   Seeing the familiar redhead made her panic attack slow down. Her strong arms picking her up, back to safety reduces the feeling of panic.
    Her blue eyes look up at the curious brown ones. They look so afraid, yet relieved to see the engineer in one piece. Holtzmann was still breathing heavily, fanning herself slightly as she pushed past the redhead. She wasn't particularly planning to go anywhere, just away from those beautiful eyes.
-
  Erin was very confused about the past actions. Holtzmann was completely unlike herself, no snarky response, or that roughish smirk. She looked back at the smaller woman, who padded around the kitchen in mix matched socks. She was apparently making some sort of sub sandwich. She watched as she had earlier, enjoying the girl work. Holztmann's hips swayed to music, that was playing in her head. Erin smiled and rested her chin on her hand, sighing quietly to herself. She didn't attend to appear as she was staring, or stalking, but this girl was absolutely breathtaking, and staring was something one couldn't do when in the same room with her.
   "Like the view, Hot stuff?" Holtzmann's smooth voice inquired, breaking Erin out of the daze. Erin's face grew hot in embarrassment. She felt the redness reach her ears and made her face almost as red as her hair. She turned away, reaching for her mug of coffee. Holtzmann drops herself onto the couch beside Erin, putting her feet up on the coffee table, feeling the loose fabric of her clothes brush against her slightly. Erin stayed quiet and avoided the eyes of the girl beside her. Holtzmann quietly munched on her sandwich thinking about how to get her glasses back without going back out there.
  "Holtzmann..." Erins soft voice called out. Holtz turns her head and cocks it slightly, like a confused husky.
  "What happened out there? I was really worried." Erin said as she set down the warm cup. Holtz bit her bottom lip thinking of how to put it.
  "Ya know that feeling of no escape?"she started, setting the plate on her lap.
"The need to... be free? I just needed to live in that moment for awhile." She shrugged as if it was nothing, pretending to not see those chocolate brown eyes, staring holes into her face.
  They both stayed quiet, just the crunchy sounds of Holtz eating, and the shifting of Erin on the couch.
   Erin had understood Holtz, but she decided that Holtz understood as well.
  The warm summer sun warmed them well, and together, they felt as free as can be.