The Moving

You walk downstairs from your room and hear your parents talking in the kitchen. You jump off the last few steps of the stairs and land at the base of the staircase. Afterwards, whipping around the corner with a smile pasted on your face. That smile was imediently wiped off by your parents' worried expression.

"W-what's wrong?" You asked concerned.

"Well..." your mom starts looking at your father. Your father nods at your mother in an encouraging sense.

"Honey," your mom says sitting you down at the dinning room table, "your father has found a fantastic job opportunity. But in order to take it well have to move." Subconsciously you bolt up out of your seat shocked.

"WHAT?!" You ask confused. Your family was so comfortable in this town , you guys had lived here for years.

"Yes, I'm aware of the sudden uprising of this, but please try and understand." You sit down calmly, ready to listen to what she has to say.

"So how soon will we be leaving?" You ask hopeful you'll get to at least finish the school year.Your mom sighs and looks down at the table for a moment before answering.

"A week." she replies making your draw practically hit the table, "I know how inconvenient this is, but please try and help us with it." She gives you a patient smile.

With a sigh you get up and respond "Ok, I'll go start packing." And you turn and begin up the stairs towards your room. Over the course of the next week you pack your things and say goodbye to friends. You sit up awake in bed that Friday as the clock reads 10:39 pm. Thinking to yourself "Tomorrow's moving day, I better get some sleep," you look over at your pile of boxes and totes, "I'm going to need it if I'm going to go through all that." You lay your head on the pillow and drift off into sleep.

You wake abruptly to the loud buzzing of your screaming alarm clock. You roll over and turn it off. The time on it reads 6:40.

"That can't be right" you ponder, " I didn't even set an alarm...".

Your mom runs into your room and shouts "It's moving day! Wake up sleepy head!"

"Oh," you groan in your head to yourself, " she set the alarm" You roll back over tiredly and throw the covers over your head.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry if the intro was a bit generic, I tried to give it some character. I'll be writing this story in the mean time as I come up with a plan of what I might do with this account and future projects.
Also I'm sorry for disappearing for so long, I'm back now.

Disclaimer:none of the art for the title or cover is mine