Untitled Part Eight

Start from the beginning

I stretched waking up in the hotel room and looking at my cell phone, I rolled my eyes.  I hate Hallmark holidays like today that force people to buy stupid stuff to prove their love.

Valentines was here and people devoted themselves to going all out for one day when they should love their partner everyday of the year regardless of what holiday was being celebrated.

Apart of me really likes Valentines and I can't deny that small part of me is a little sad that I'm alone today, in New York City instead of back home with my man.

I know that he loves Valentine's Day because of the significance it holds in his family being that his parents were married on Valentines, and a small part of me wants to know what our valentines would be like together.

I sighed sitting up in the bed. Too bad I won't find out how it would feel this year. I know for sure he's not coming up because it's his parents anniversary, their 35th anniversary at that and each year, they had dinner with their sons and their wives or girlfriends.

Reginald seemed to be a little upset when he realized I wouldn't be able to join them on Valentines Day and I have to admit that it was bothering me too.

"Morning." I said answering my phone.

"Happy Love Day Baby Doll." My father said making me smile.

"Happy Love Day Daddy." I said grabbing grapes off of the tray of fruit, cheese, and sparkling cider Reggie had sent to me at the hotel.

Reginald made sure I was in the best of hotels and I at least got one thing for Valentine's Day.

"How you been baby girl?"

"Good." I said happy to hear from him.

"I have something to tell you." He explained. "And before I tell you, I want you to be open minded."

"I'm the open-minded one daddy." I laughed.

"I know but still." He sighed. "I've been seeing this woman."

I nodded slowly. "Okay."

"And I think she's beautiful, and even though we've only been dating for a short while, I'd like for you to meet her."

"Okay Daddy, we can do that." I was shocked that he even brought this up. He usually doesn't like to talk about his dating life and introduces little to no one to my sister and I.

He let out a breath. "You're gonna like her baby doll. I already know."

"I hope so for her sake." I said jokingly.

He chuckled. "I'm gonna take her out tonight."

"Oh yeah?" I questioned.

"Yeah, maybe to an art gallery?"

"That's nice." I said actually appreciating the idea. "Maybe you can take her to the music gallery." I suggested. I could hear how nervous he was in his voice.

"You think just like your Daddy Baby Doll."

"Of course I do." I said.

"What about you and Reginald. What do you all have planned?"

I keep my father updated on the status of Reginald and I because he's the best at giving advice and it means a lot to me to have someone to talk to.

"We aren't spending Valentines together." I said with a slight pout. Having to say it out loud is truly saddening.

"And why is that?" He asked me.

"I'm in New York." I said.

"And so?" He asked already knowing where I was.

"It's his parents thirty-fifth anniversary." I explained further

"So why aren't you booking a flight home to be with him?"

"That's not a bad idea." I said and he agreed.

"Yeah, come home. Unless you have something else you have to take care of."

"I don't." I said happy to end my trip early, I grabbed my laptop.

"I'll pay for your flight back."my dad offered.

"No." I objected quickly not wanting him to spend money on me.

"Oh well, check your email for your confirmation baby girl. I'll meet you at your gate." He said and hung up.

I huffed seeing that my itinerary was in fact in my email. I looked down, at the cost of the flight and thanked God that my Daddy had me.  Flights on major holidays are expensive and I am an entrepreneur, I invest most of my earnings into my business and this was an expense bullet I am not quite ready to bite. Now, to shower and get dressed to get home to my baby.

----
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT