TWO | Town Gossip

*Please read the Author's Note at the end of the chapter :)*

The next morning, Mariah was awoken by an alarm she didn't remember setting. She immediately pressed the snooze button and tried to go back to sleep. After what felt like two seconds, but was actually ten minutes, her alarm went off again. This time she turned it off and snuggled deep into her blankets.

About thirty minutes later her alarm went off again and she groaned. "I already turned this off," she mumbled, confused. She reached over to grab her phone so that she could turn it off. It was then that she realized that she set multiple alarms for herself so that she could wake up.

After a while of thought she remembered that she was supposed to meet up with Cheryl in a few hours. "I know myself so well," she said and then proceeded to drag herself out of bed.

She went to her bathroom and brushed her teeth. After that, she went downstairs to make herself breakfast. A note from her mom was sitting on the counter. It read, Went to the high school to get you registered. I'll see you later and have fun with Cheryl.  Love Mom.

Mariah nodded to herself and then grabbed a bowl, spoon, cereal, and milk. She was too lazy to make herself a decent breakfast. After eating her cereal, she went back upstairs, took a shower, got dressed and texted Cheryl.

Mars Bar😘: Hey, come to my place.
Cher Bear💕: Why don't you come to my place?
Mars Bar😘: Because Cheryl, I don't have a car and you do.
Cher Bear💕: Ugh
Mars Bar😘: Well if you don't want to see me then I'll just go back to sleep.
Cher Bear💕: No! I'm coming.
Mars Bar😘: That's what I thought.
Cher Bear💕: Shut up.
Mars Bar😘: Haha I'll see you soon.
Cher Bear💕: See you soon baby cheeks ;)

Mariah smiled down at her phone and went to the living room, plopping herself down on the couch. She went to turn on the TV before remembering that the cable person hasn't come to hook it up yet. She let out a groan, deciding to go on social media instead. After about five minutes she got bored and tried to take a nap.

Right as she was on the verge of falling asleep though, the doorbell rang. This caused Mariah to sigh in annoyance. She pulled herself off of the couch and went to answer the door. She looked through the peephole and saw Cheryl looking impatient. Cheryl then proceeded to ring the doorbell multiple times. Mariah rolled her eyes and unlocked the door before opening it. "Finally! I got tired of waiting here," Cheryl said in exasperation. "You've been standing here for like twenty seconds," Mariah replied. "That's twenty seconds too long," Cheryl said.

The Coleman girl shook her head, laughing a little. She then pulled her best friend into a hug. Cheryl immediately hugged her back, a big smile on her face. "I missed you so much," Cheryl whispered. Mariah pulled her friend closer before replying. "I missed you too," she said smiling as well.

The two spent the next few moments just hugging each other, neither of them wanting to let go. Cheryl spoke up from her position in Mariah's arms. "Can we go inside now? It's cold out here," she said. Mariah laughed before speaking. "Yeah let's go inside," she responded.

The two walked inside, Mariah closing and locking the door behind them. They then sat on the couch. "How have you been?" Cheryl asked. There was a brief pause. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Mariah asked back.

Cheryl looked down. "Maybe we shouldn't be asking each other that question. We both know the answer," she responded quietly. "Yeah you're right," Mariah said back.

"Anyway what's been happening in the land of Cheryl Blossom? Any new boys in your life?" Mariah asked, leaning closer to her friend in interest. "If there was a boy in my life, you'd be the first to know. Besides, there's no boy in Riverdale that meets my standards," Cheryl said.