Birthday Surprise (Jordomi)

Naomi

"Hey guys, wanna hang out after school?" I smiled, sitting down with my tray in my hands. Bennett, Declan, and Jordan coughed violently before answering. Today's my birthday, and I was really hoping we all could hang out today since my parents were out of town.

"Oh no, we can't hang out today-" Bennett started.

"-We have things to do, like uh-" Jordan said next.

"-Gang meetings, yes! We have a gang meeting today so we can't make it, right guys?" Declan finished. He elbowed Jordan and Bennett, who agreed.

"Oh," was all I said. "Maybe after?"

"I have to clean my dog."

"I'm going to a game later."

"I'm working tonight."

I gave Jordan a flat look. "You don't have a dog."

"I do now," Jordan responded back confidently. Bennett looked at his imaginary watch.

"Well would you look at the time, I've got a test next period, I'm gonna go study in the library," Bennett said and zoomed off. Jordan yawned.

"I have study hall next, so uh, I'm gonna go get my.... Na-nap pillow!" Jordan said, then left too.

Declan smiled, which was rare. "I'm gonna go to the music room and play the piano for awhile. Happy birthday, Naomi." He left after that, leaving me sitting at the table all alone. The entire lunchroom was filled with kids laughing, couples arguing then kissing, and kids on their cells. I smiled sadly, and ate my food by myself. Sure, it was fine that they had other things to do. I saw them all the time, it wasn't like it hurt my feelings. Nope, not at all.

**

"Happy birthday sweetie!" My mom and dad said as I came through the door. They both had small party hats and small party favors. I smiled weakly, and blew out the candles. "Yay! We have to go honey, love you!" My mom said just as her and dad clapped then rushed out of the house before I could say 'I love you too.' I sighed, then turned off all the lights in the house, and locked the door. I went upstairs to my room, and sat on my bed. I refused to cry, I refused to cry. It's my birthday, I shouldn't be crying! Tears flowed down my face at an almost unstoppable rate. I grabbed my pillow, and cried into it for about 3 hours until I couldn't cry anymore.

My eyes hurt, and my pillow was soaked to the feathers. It was about 9 o'clock at night. I stared outside at the moon and night sky through my window, a little bit sadly. The moon was full tonight, and shown brightly. Some birthday today was. It sucked, because I had no one to spend it with. All my friends and my family were gone, doing something else probably enjoying themselves. I moped downstairs, and saw my phone ringing. I looked at the contact name, and my heart sped up faster. It was Jordan, who my heart belonged to. I answered the phone. "Hello?" I said, even though I was a bit mad at them.

"Come outside," was all he said before hanging up. I literally ran outside, and saw them. Bennett, Jordan, and Declan all stood there on my porch with roses. Bennett held a small cake in his hands, Jordan held a bag filled with unknown things, and Declan had 4 pizzas in his hands. I gasped, even though my voice was basically gone. Wait, they lied to me. I spent the last 3 hours of my birthday crying over these idiots. So you know what I did? I stepped back inside, and locked the door.

"Open this damn door before I break it down," Declan threatened. He would actually do it, he was just that crazy.

"Why should I? You guys made me cry," I yelled through the door, wiping away the stray tears still coming out. No response for that one, which made me even madder. A small knock came onto the door, as I sat down with my back against the door. I sniffed, and patted my nose with my sleeve of my sweater.

"What do you want?" I yelled, my eyes closed as I cried. The worst part about this entire thing was seeing Jordan look so good. I mean, he was always handsome, but he looked especially handsome tonight.

"Naomi please, we're sorry. We literally spent most of our day planning this. It's nice, I know you'll love it," Jordan said through the door. I wiped my eyes.

"What is it?" I asked, interested.

"Open the door, and I'll show you."

"How do I know you're not lying just to get me to open the door?"

"That's the thing, you don't know that. It's all about trust, babygirl," Jordan said. I stood up on wobbly legs, and opened the door a peek, just so they could see my eyes and a bit of my hair. I eyed the pizzas.

"Food," I muttered. I opened the door fully, and was left breathless by Jordan's beauty. His dirty blonde hair was messy, his skinny jeans and his loose shirt made him look like a goddess. Don't forget about that jawline, Jesus Christ.

"What surprise? Is it more food?" I said, snatching the 4 pizzas from Declan. I went into the kitchen, the guys following me inside. They turned on the lights, immediately making me hiss at them like a cat. It hurt my eyes.

"Why was it darker than the bat cave in here?" Bennett asked, running a hand through his raven hair. I threw a rag at him, to which he caught easily.

"Because.... I'm Batman," I said with a smile.

"Who's Robin, then?" Bennett responded. Declan gave me a look that said not me. Jordan smiled, and raised his hand eagerly.

"ME! ME! ME! OO, Pick me!" Jordan grinned.

"Jordan! Jordan is Robin!" I said to Bennett.

"You're hilarious, Naomi."

"And fantastic, amazing, gorgeous, smart, beautiful, yeah yeah I get it."

"Yeah, get this." Jordan leaned in and kissed me. Declan and Bennett cheered in the background while we kissed. It took me completely by surprise.