Chapter 7 - The Truth Hurts

Chapter 7:

Hailey POV:

I was listening to music in my room(Hailey's and Rydel's room) when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in!" I said, putting aside my iPod. "Hey umm.. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Ross asked. "Sure!" I said. Ross came in and sat down next to me. "Look Hailey, I'm sorry but.." Ross said. "But what?" I asked, curiously. "But I'm not gonna let you date Zack" Ross said, not looking at me. "Why not?" I said sadly. "Because! He could break your heart and I'd hate to see you sad" Ross replied. "I'm alright sad.." I said, tearing up. "I'm sorry but I can't take that risk and plus then Rydel would want a boyfriend" Ross said hugging me. "I understand" I said, hugging him back.

Ross POV:

The next day was awesome at school. It was crazy hair day at school and I was able to go to school with my hair unbrushed and tangled. "Um.. what happened to you?" Hailey asked me as she noticed my crazy hair. "Hey! I'm very festive when it comes to stuff like this" I laughed. "You look like you got hit by a truck" Hailey said laughing. "Thanks.." I said punching her in her arm playfully. The bell rang which meant it was time to go to class. Hailey was ahead of me and I quickly lost her in the crowd of kids. "Hailey! Wait up!" I shouted after her. After the crowd had cleared I saw her on the floor crying. "What's wrong?" I asked, rushing over to her. "You were right, Ross.. He did break my heart" Hailey said hugging me tightly. "What did he do?" I asked. "He was kissing another girl!" Hailey cried. "Shhh.." I cooed. "Do you want me to take you home?" I offered. Hailey nodded, wiping away her tears. I grabbed her hand and led her to the office. I guess the truth does hurt..