chapter One

It was just another regular night in the hood of Greenville S.C , crack heads roaming the streets , drug dealers Hustling , Gang bangers banging , and prostitutes offering .
meanwhile I was at home in bed watching my favorite show the teen titans while mama and pops sat in the kitchen and smoked cigarettes , drunk beer and listened to some old school music. It was a school night so I really wasn't supposed to be up this late , but what the heck , my parents are drunk they wouldn't care.

CHRIS !!!? my father yelled from the kitchen , ain't you supposed to be sleep boy ? he said with a deep and sterned voice , yes sir , I said frightened , I could tell that he was drunk by the tone of his voice. As I'm laying in bed scared I hear him walking up the stairs towards my room , his big gigantic boots knocking against the squeaky wooden steps getting closer , I start to take a deep breath , my eyes get bigger and my heart stops knocking , BOOM !!! "OPEN UP THIS DAMN DOOR CHRIS BEFORE I BUST IT DOWN NOW !!! " he yelled , I get under my cover and close my eyes hoping he doesn't beat me down. As I'm balled up under my cover pops bust down the door  and charges at me , I start yelling and screaming for help as I hear my mama in the back ground saying "beat his fuckin ass Joe " as I try to hop out the bed he grabs me with his big and rough hands and slams me to the ground and starts punching me and slapping me , I cried and yelled for help but seem to realize I was crying out to nobody.

I sat in my room crying the rest of the night just thinking about how much I hated my life and how my parents always told me that I was a mistake and how they wish I wasn't here . Its 7:30 in the morning and I haven't got any sleep yet , I get out of bed and run straight to my mirror and look at my reflection , I had bruises all over my face from what pops did to me last night , I didn't even feel like leaving the house , but I'd rather be somewhere else than this piss trap.

I went to my closet and put on some clothes and walked out the door making my way to school , my parents made me walk . I wish I was 17 instead of 13 , I would have been driving to school by now , as I was walking on the side walk a dark blue crown Vic pulled up next to me , it had dark tented windows and a ram shield in front of it that looked stronger than a rams antlers itself , I stood there and looked at the car confusingly for a few seconds until the person in the car roled the window down half way , it was a white man with a balled head , dark shades and a mustache , as long as I've been in this hood have I ever seen a white man that looked like that .

Aye boy !!! I need to talk to you real quick said the white man , I looked at him and kept walking with urgency , the car started following me , my heart started beating faster , I started breathing harder , I didn't know what to do , I couldn't run because I knew he was faster than me so I decided to stop , the white man got out of the car standing tall as ever he looked like he was 6'3 , he had a gun on his waste and a police badge on his belt buckle , I've never been so scared in my life .

wh...what do you want from me ??? I said frighteningly , he pulled out a picture of a black man , he had a big fro , broad chin with a mean mug , my jaw dropped as I looked shocked , Do you know this guy ? The officer said , ummm no as I shook my head denying his question , Well this man has been wanted for multi gang murders , if you ever see him contact us He said , as he got back in his car and drove away I sat on the sidewalk not knowing what to do , little did the police officer know that the man he showed me was my father " I don't know what to do I don't know what to do " I said to myself , I didn't even feel like going to school anymore and I sure didn't wanna go back home but I had no choice but to.

As I walked in the door I seen papa sitting on the couch watching TV and drinking a beer , as i walked pass him he looked at me fiercely. Aye boy , Go get me a beer He said , yes sir papa , as I walked in the kitchen I just started thinking about everything , the police , the murders , my father , no wonder why he stays in the house 24/7 , as I come back with his beer I see mama coming down the stairs in her robe with a cigarette in her mouth looking happy as can be , "Here's your beer Joe " I said , He looked up at me very slowly with anger in his eyes "what you just say to me boy ?" He grabbed me by my neck and started to choke me , I tried my best to get him off of me but he was bigger and stronger than me , he was built like a bull that stood 6'5 , as he was choking me my eyes started to role in the back of my head , LET HIM GO JOE !!! My mama cried , but he didn't listen , I felt myself getting dizzy , heart beating out my chest , lost of breathe , my mama grabbed him and tried to pull him off of me , he back hand slapped her "WHAT THE FUCK YO PROBLEM IS BITCH ? " he said with a rage of anger , mama fell to the floor looking at him frighteningly , I was on the floor half way unconscious , "I'm calling the police " I said with lack of breath , Joe looked at me like he wanted to kill me "what the fuck you just say ? " as he walked slowly towards me , I laid in silence , he stood in front of me waiting for me to say something but I didn't , he kicked me in my stomach then put his heavy black boot on my head , "If you ever talk to the police I'll kill you and yo mama lil nigga , got it ? " he said , I sat in silence , he kicked me again " I SAID GOT IT ?" "yes sir" I said angrily . Now go to yo room and don't come back out till I say , and man tf up.

I got up in pain with a broken rib cage and a swollen face , i walked to my room and layed on the bed and just cried , I could hear my mama and Joe arguing in the other room and I could hear him in there beating on her , I was in so much pain I couldn't get up to help her and if I tried me and her both would be dead .

The Next morning I was sore , my rib cage , face , and neck all was hurting. And I couldn't go to school because teachers would start asking questions. So I decided to stay home , I walked out my room towards the kitchen when I realized nobody else was home " mama!!?" I yelled , I didn't get a response back .

I walked upstairs to see if she was in her room , i assumed that she was probably taking a shower , I walked in her room , I didn't see a soul in sight , but I heard the bath tub running and the floor was getting wet so I decided to to go look in the bathroom to see what was going on , as I walked slowly towards the door my heart started beating faster , and my breathing started getting weaker , as I go in the bathroom I see my mama under the bathroom water "MAMA NOOOOO !!!!" I cried , "JOE DID THIS TO YOU DIDNT HE " I said , I didn't know what to do , I started to panic and there wasn't a phone in sight .

I ran out the door for help , the neighbors heard me yelling and decided to call the police , I felt like I was gonna pass out , I couldn't breath nor walk anymore , the police pulls up , it was the same dark blue crown Vic I seen last time. the white officer gets out the car and walks to me , " Joe did it " I said , the officer calls in for an ambulance to take me to the Hospital .