Ch. 8 Christmas

A/N- Hi weirdos! Happy Belated Valentine's Day! I forgot to say this in my last chapter but apparently i'm in the mood for a double update. ;) Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thalia's POV

Halloween was fun! My family went out to the park for an event. It was suppose to be really fun. Much better then that boring "party" the city threw last year in City Hall. The park was having its annual Halloween Haunt Festival. Mom and I had fun choosing costumes. My brother Angelo looked like a dead ringer for Superman! So cute!!! And my sister Katherine looked just edible in her adorable pumpkin onesie!

I adjusted my veil over my face taking one last look in the mirror. My fake silver streaked lashes made it weird to blink for a little bit. But i got used to it. I fluffed my hair up pulling it away from my face with the headband. I then put on the velvet choker ribbon with a gold Cupid charm on my neck. The cool tip of the metal heart on it touched the hard bony center of my chest just below my throat.

I winked at myself while mom called for me from the front door. The kids were already in their stroller and I hurriedly slipped on my boots hidden for the most part under my dress. Mom did an amazing job with my makeup as usual! And my paper rose was handmade by me this year. I was going for a bouquet.. But I ran out of construction paper and time. Once we got there, We had to wait in a loooong line. Mom and I snickered as we both heard people in the line talk about mine and Angel's costume. Mom knows she did great this year...

Once we get in, we were told to wait for a guide to give us instructions. Our guide looked young. He had a mask over his face but that was it as far as costumes went. Unless there was a character somewhere that looks like a teenage guy with a mask and simple jeans and t-shirt. It was a dimly lit night too. But somehow he looked awfully familiar. The way he walked led me to believe I knew him. But I wasn't sure at all. His mask came off at some point though. His eyes were locked onto mine when I looked up as he led us through the maze of tents. Kayden...?

*end dream*

I wake up with a yawn. Sunlight streams through my window and I jerk up in bed thinking I was late for school. Then I remember what day it was. CHRISTMAS! It's honestly a wonder I even managed to fall asleep on Christmas Eve! I LOVE Christmas! Scrambling out of bed, I race down the hall where the smell of maple sausage and scrambled eggs hits me in the face... Yummmmm I shout a Merry Christmas to Mom in the kitchen.

She laughs as I dive towards the pile of gifts under the tree where my brother and sister were near. They waited for me to wake up this year huh. Aww.. I hand Angel a gift and place a small wrapped box in Katherine's little hands. I grab another package starting small for myself, and eagerly prepare to rip it open.

The fun and bright gift wrap my mom and I always stock up on every year, makes a satisfying TEEEEEAR. I gasp. It's the book I had been pining over for months! I'm on my knees in front of the tree and my smile might split my face. Angel does the weird.. "Angel" thing he does when he sees his is a new action figure. He crouches close to the floor holding his arms close to his chest and he literally starts vibrating while he giggles wildly. Katherine makes me laugh when she opens hers to see a toy and she screeches softly while jumping and walking around to show everybody her gift from Santa. My stepdad watches us chuckling quietly over breakfast. I ignore the tantalizing call of maple sausages instead reaching for another present. My brother already sees that the Paw Patrol wrapped ones are for him. My sister loved the Minnie Mouse paper so she goes for it.

Meanwhile, I reach for the Disney Princess, Hello Kitty, and rainbow holographic snowflake on white background papers. They're all glowing under the lights of the tree. The two nativity sets are set up prettily on the coffee table and I pause from unwrapping my gifts to check that both baby Jesus figures are on their cradles. (we wait until midnight to place them to be accurate. Last night we fell asleep too after the neighbor's Christmas party.)

"Te gusta?" My mom asks softly as I continue to stare. The gift in my hands is so special to me... On her trip to Canada visiting my uncle and his new wife, she bought me a very special gift. It was a music box. A Christmas music box.

Christmas is my favorite holiday. And I LOVE music boxes and musical snow globes... I study the cover of the small cube-shaped box in my hands. The music box is like a flattened cylinder made of a pale natural colored wood. Little balls hold up the cylinder and the key to wind it up is on the bottom. A small wood switch to the side lets me play it when it's wound up and pause the music. As it plays, a wooden reindeer and snowman dance around in circles and loops across the top while in one side is a snow-topped house with small footsteps carved on the ground and alongside the roof of the house leading to the chimney, where a little Santa pops out up and down in time with the music... I tear up before looking at my mom. My mom, who is always there for me and will never let me down. Who knows me so well sometimes she can read my mind before I even know what I want.

"I love it mamá Gracias!"

Christmas was great. Mom cooked a feast alongside my grandmother and my siblings and I played with new toys and read new books until bedtime. I wished Merry Christmas to Samantha. And I sort of wished I had Kayden's number so I could wish him Merry Christmas too..

My smile fades a little when Kayden crosses my mind. Since Halloween I had been constantly thinking about the guy. Sometimes when I think to hardI get this feeling like glitter is jumping around my stomach like a maniac... Maybe I'm coming down with some kind of stomach flu... Ugh. Just what I need now when I have core classes right after break.