"Robin, will you go on a date with me this Saturday?"

A grin came over my lips. I couldn't speak; suddenly nerves had taken their place in my system.

I nodded my head and then whispered, "Yes, of course."

He smiled widely. He leaned down toward my lips. His lips were so incredibly soft. He didn't try to stick his tongue in my mouth.

It was a simple kiss, filled with so much love.

That day had been so much more than I could have imagined. Jesse was so sweet. We were still best friends, so we still goofed around like little kids.

I was brought out of my day dream by Natalie.

"Well I think for the most part your hair is done."

I heard commotion downstairs and my younger brother Zach talking. My eyebrows knitted together, I was confused. Who could he have been talking to?

I heard running footsteps coming down the hall. The door banged against the wall and Zach was standing there.

"Mom and Dad are home."

My eyes widen. I didn't think they would be home yet. I was happy and excited though.

"Mom is coming upstairs now. She wants to talk to you."

I couldn't help but gulp. Did she know anything about Jesse and I? Did she even know about our date tonight?

Zach ran back out of the room. Natalie was putting the final touches on my hair. I could hear heels clicking on the floor as mom made her way to the bathroom.

The door slowly creaked open. I looked up at her. I had missed her so much. I had wanted her here to tell her everything. To have that mother, daughter talk about what has happened.

She smiled so brightly at me. I stared into her green eyes, which held so much motherly love and care inside. She walked in some more and her eyes trailed to my hair.

"Oh Natalie dear you have done such a wonderful job. Her hair is gorgeous."

I smiled. Natalie finally finished with my hair and then turned me toward the mirror.

It was done all neatly in a bun on the top of my head. There were small braids hanging down from it. I was grinning from ear to ear.

I turned around and gave Natalie the biggest hug. She almost fell from the force. She returned the hug and then stepped back.

She began getting her things out of the bathroom. I looked over at mom and she was waving me toward her.

I walked toward her and she began walking out of the room. I followed her curious about what she was up to. She walked in her and dad's room.

She pointed toward her bed as she walked toward her dresser. I took a seat being careful of my blue dress. Mom began rummaging through her jewelry.

"Your grandmother had given me these hair pins for the first date your father I had. She was going on and on about how we were this beautiful couple.

She thought I was so radiant but these pins made it even better. So as the generation hand down of these clips I give them to you.

So you can wear them tonight on your date. Then when you have your own daughter you can hand them down to her at the right moment."

She turned around and walked toward the bed. She sat down right beside me and opened her hand. Sitting in her hand were two hair clips. The clip itself was silver and there was light blue diamond or crystal flowers. It was so beautiful. I wanted to cry but I knew that it would ruin my make-up.