Chocolates

Silently he contemplated whether or not he should've been more patient. Or has he been patient enough already? Whatever the case, now that he was so close to the other... Ryuu really wished he'd waited a bit longer.

He stared at the ground as he stood in front of Io. The others had already gone to the baths, so Ryuu thought now would be the perfect timing to give the chocolates to Io. He had stayed up all night trying to get the recipe perfect. The package was entirely self-made as well, and one could clearly see the love put into the project. At the moment that only made him feel even more idiotic.

"...Ryuu? Is there something on your mind?"

Only now did Ryuu notice that Io was still in the room and waiting for him to say something, seeing as Ryuu was the one who asked the other to wait for him in the first place.

His hands were shaking ever so slightly. He gripped the box behind his back a little harsher, forcing himself to stay calm. It wasn't working.

"I-I... Er..." Shit, shit... What should he say? He really should've prepared this better. It felt like there was too much on his mind, yet at the same time he couldn't think at all.

"You...?" Io quirked an eyebrow as he stood perfectly still beside the door. He didn't seem impatient or annoyed, which helped ease Ryuu's thoughts a bit. It's just Io... I'm pretty sure he likes me too, anyway, so there's nothing to worry about...

When Ryuu finally managed to come up with something to say, he took a deep breath and managed to raise his eyes to meet Io's. Wrong move. The words were gone as soon as their eyes met and all Ryuu could do was stutter.

Oh, to Hell with it.

Ryuu quickly thrust the box towards Io, averting his eyesight to the ground once again. His heart was beating wildly and he was positive that he was as pink as his hair at the moment.

Io turned speechless as he stared at the box Ryuu showed him. It was pink and heart-shaped, with a brown ribbon around it. There was a small tag on the box with the words For Io! on it, with a little doodle of Ryuu himself on the side.

Io stared at it, needing time to comprehend what exactly it all meant. Then it hit him.

He's giving me chocolates on Valentine's day.

He had to repeat it in his head a few times, because he still couldn't quite grasp what was happening yet. When it finally broke through his thick skull that yes, Ryuu was, in fact, giving him chocolates, all he could do was blush and stare in shock at his equally flustered friend.

At least two long minutes went by until Io dared to take the package from Ryuu's hands. The moment Ryuu felt the other take the box he released it and quickly retracted his hands, still avoiding Io's gaze.

"I-I think it's pretty clear what I'm t-trying to say here, so, uhm..." God, he was so embarrassed. Here he was hoping to turn into his usual self again, but nope.

When he didn't get a response he dared to glance at what Io was doing, which wasn't much. He was just... staring at it. Nervousness began to creep up again.

"...Io?" That seemed to have worked. The other snapped his head back up, looking at Ryuu as if realising the other was still there. Io took a deep breath and let out what he hoped were the right words.

"I like you, too. I-if that's what you're trying to say, at least." The last part was slightly mumbled, but he figured it had to do.

A sigh of relief came from Ryuu as he felt himself calm down. He nodded and smiled brightly at the greenhead. Confidence flooded back to him as he looked at how flustered Io was for saying that.

Ryuu opened his mouth to say something, but eventually decided against it. He closed his eyes to gather up some courage. He gently took a hold of Io's jaw and swiftly planted a kiss on his cheek. When Ryuu stepped back and opened his eyes again he was sure he'd never seen Io this red, ever.

Io let out a small yelp at the kiss, not even the highest profit he's ever made could compare to this feeling of... He didn't really know what it was, but it was a nice feeling. A really nice feeling. What was even nicer was the fact that it was Ryuu who let him have this feeling. What was even nicer than that was that Ryuu just kissed him on the cheek.

Ryuu giggled at Io's reaction. And God, wasn't that the cutest sound in the world to Io. He allowed himself to relax and smile away the nerves.

"So, this might be a little out of the blue, but..." Ryuu began softly. "...Will you be my boyfriend?" He was still nervous, but seeing how Io reacted to him so far he wasn't too concerned about being rejected anymore.

Io huffed. "How can you even ask that? Of course that's a yes." He replied, just as quiet as Ryuu. Both of them let out a small laugh, realising how awkward they must look. But at the moment, neither could care much.