"I'll see you later," she says as she gets out.

"What time are you picking me up?" she calls out as she reaches the door.

"Seven," I say with fingers as if she needs the visual help.

Once the door closes behind her I speed home. This evening has to be perfect. Whatever happened today really shook her. Jay's car is in the driveway when I get home. I enter the house and am greeted with silence. Soon enough I hear sounds coming from upstairs. I assume that it's Jay and Nicole. With no one around I eye roll at the thought. I call the restaurant to make sure our reservations are set and everything I have requested is ready. Then I go to my room to put the necklace I bought in my coat pocket. With spare time until I have to pick up Tessa I shower and then chill in my room.

When my phone reads a quarter to seven I leave to pick up Tessa. The car is blaring The Chainsmokers on the drive over. The car is parked so I check myself in the rear view mirror before going to ring the doorbell. I know this sounds cliche but the most beautiful girl I have seen comes out.

 I know this sounds cliche but the most beautiful girl I have seen comes out

"Gorgeous," I say.

"Not too shabby yourself," she replies with a smirk. God, my personality is rubbing off on her. Together we walk to the car. Our hands are intertwined and resting on the center console the entire time. Being the gentleman I am, I open her door when we arrive at the little restaurant. The restaurant I chose is on the fancier side. I'm not loaded, but I'm able to treat my girl to a nice restaurant every now and then. Tessa seems to notice this since her eyes double in size, but she doesn't say anything.

"I have a reservation under the name Cole Stone," I tell the waitress who starts to eye me. Can't people tell I already have a girlfriend and am not interested?

Not getting the message she flirtily shows us to our table. We take our seats and begin looking at the menu.

"Ready to talk about whatever's bothering you?" I ask without looking up from the menu.

"I guess so. There's no point avoiding it any longer," she says with a sigh. I didn't think it would be that easy to get her to talk to me.

"Nicole managed to corner me today. What she said cut pretty deep. We used to be best friends and she continues to backstab me," she continues.

"Enough about me. What is this amazing date I hear you planned?" she asks with a smile that I know she is trying to put on for my sake.

I chuckle to myself before answering, "well, first of all, choose something to eat."

When our orders are placed we're staring at each other. Thinking it's the perfect moment I pull the box out of my coat pocket and place the Tiffany colored box in front of her.

"You didn't have to get me anything," is all she says as she opens the box to reveal a necklace.

"Yes, I did. You're my girlfriend and this is our first official Valentine's Day together. I also have something else for you, but you'll get it later," I say with a wink. Her gift isn't as sexual as I am making it sound. I don't want her to guess what I'm actually going to do.

The food arrives and I hear my stomach make noises. Tessa must have heard my stomach because soon she is in a fit of giggles. When our stomachs are full the waiter returns to take our plates. For the fourth time during the meal, he is eyeing Tessa in her dress. Of course, she looks hot, but that doesn't mean he can start undressing her with his eyes. Only I can so I shoot him daggers with my eyes. Well, I try to and he seems to get the message.

"That was a wonderful dinner Cole. Thank you," she says with her signature smile.

"There's one more thing," I say. I signal one of the waiters and whisper to him. He returns with a plate and sets it in front of Tessa. Her reaction is just what I wanted to see.

"YES," she squeals, then places a kiss on my lips.

A/N: Since this is kind of a cliche story to begin with, I chose to make Cole overly romantically cliche

A/N: Since this is kind of a cliche story to begin with, I chose to make Cole overly romantically cliche. Think of it as him making up for time lost since he spent so many years teasing Tessa.