chapter 10 the final chance to make things right

It was a week later Eli asked Fay over to his house he nervous about it because how things ended. He knew they were just friends but they would alone together.  When Fay came over Eli could hear his sisters and his mom tell her how sorry they still were for her. 

“How are you doing Fay?”  

“Just fine. Thanks Mrs. Young.”  She gave her a hug and walked to his bedroom. When she got in his bed room all the memories came back. She stood trying not to cry. Eli saw the look in her eyes and wondered what was wrong.

“You ok Fay.”  

“I just thought about the memories we made in this room.”

“Yeah I know.”  She sat  on the bed next to him she could still feel the attraction between them. She smiled back at him. That smile still made him melt. They felt like they were falling love all over again. Fay thought about wedding and the feelings went away.

“You wanna listen to some music.”  

“Sure.”  As he was looking for music he accidentally put on the love mix about them. As a just a kiss played Eli looked at Fay to see if it was bothering her.

“This is bad right. This song playing.” 

“Idk. I don’t what to think.” out of the blue he kissed her on the lips. She put her arms around him.  Then it felt wrong so she jerked away standing up. When she got Eli knew something was wrong.

“I’m sorry about the kiss. I got lost in the moment. I hope I didn’t make you mad.”  

“I’m not mad. It felt good but we can’t go back there after what happened to much pain right now. I just wanna be your good friend.” he hugged her trying to make Fay feel better.  He moved a little away from Fay as they watched the movie. Eli noticed she still had her locket around her neck.

“I see you never took off your locket.”

“I just couldn’t it still meant too much to me to take it off.” Fay opened it up it had the picture of their first date. They both looked at it wondering what went wrong. 

“I’m so sorry I broke your heart. It wasn’t supposed to end like this.  I never wanted to make you cry but I did it and if I could change it I would but no matter you would have been hurt anyway.”  

“Yeah I agree with that. I wish you hadn’t done at the wedding.  Maybe then it would’ve hurt so bad.  It happened and its over with so lets not talk about again before we hurt all over again.”  

“I agree. I’m sorry I brought it up I just wanted to know I never meant to hurt you.”

“I’ve known that since we became friends. Stuff happens you had no choice but to do it.”

“Yeah I agree. It won’t happen again promise.”  They went in for a hug their hands touched and it felt good. Eli thought about kissing you but he knew it wrong and too late. Plus he was in love with someone else. Fay could by the look in his eyes he still liked her.

“Eli I can tell you have feeling for me. I wish we could start over but its too late you made that clear the day you left the altar.”

“I know Fay and it sucks but it was my choice and I have to live with it.”

“Its too bad things ending like that. We were really good together.”  

“Yeah but a least we were able to come out of as good friends. I don’t what I would have done if you stopped talking to me.”

“That never crossed my mind even when you broke my heart I still wanted you in my life. I just couldn’t talk to you after the wedding or I would have said things I would regret later.”