"And blamed it on me again but at least he didn't hit me anywhere else but my face this time, doctor said that could be the reason why I can't give him a son." Louis sighed, sitting in front of him.

"Do you have to go back there tonight?" Liam asked, chewing on his bottom lip knowing the answer when Louis looked away and slowly pushed his plate away.

Liam loudly sighed and pushed the plate closer to Louis telling him that he had to eat, glad when Louis listened to him. After Louis was done eating, Liam left him alone once again with only his thoughts to keep him company finally able to relax again but sadly it didn't last long.

By midnight, Louis once again found himself walking back to his own bedroom, feeling that familiar pain every time he walked, and unable to shed anymore tears after years of doing the same thing. After four agonizing years that will turn to more as time passed by, he had finally learned how to numb it, how to feel nothing but disgust.

When he got there he was glad when Lucy, one of the servants and another friend of his, already had a bath ready for him. She left him alone after giving him a sad look knowing Louis did not want anybody there while he bathed after what had happened. He carefully got in the tub wincing in pain, and as soon as he was in a comfortable position he started washing himself, trying to hurry up and wash away the feeling of his hands all over him.

When he was done, he quickly dried himself then changed into his sleepwear going to bed soon after. A few minutes later he placed a hand on his stomach praying to every god up there that he was not pregnant, he did not want to bring a child into the world that would belong to him.

He turned around on his left side, just thankful that he still had Liam who had asked to come with him after he had gotten married. He was glad that Howard had seen in Liam someone useful to have around and that's how Liam had moved with him after his marriage, he was the only one who had and was still keeping him sane after all those years. He fell asleep knowing that all he had to do now was wait and see if he had gotten pregnant after the long and miserable night he had had to endure, just wishing he wasn't. He could care less if he wasn't, it was better that way.

*Two months later*

The sound of Howard's hand colliding against Louis' left cheek echoed around the room, as Louis stumbled onto the ground with a hand over his throbbing cheek trying not to cry.

"I am getting tired of you Louis, you are just as useless as the last three." Howard spat, referring to the last three wives he had had before he had married Louis.

Louis bit his tongue to keep himself from saying something that would only make him angrier and instead tried not to gag at the taste of blood in his mouth. He stayed where he was not daring to even move a finger, yet it was not enough when Howard yanked him up by the hair making him look at him.

"I..." Louis started, but quickly shut up feeling him pulling harder on his hair making him wince and his eyes sting with tears that never came.

"I'm starting to think your father lied to me to save his ass, sold yours to save his and had the decency to lie to my face about you being fertile. Now listen to me and listen good because this is the last time I will tell you this." Howard snarled, making Louis look into his muddy brown eyes, "If you are not pregnant in four months by the end of the year, you're dead you hear me, you're gonna end up like them...dead or in the streets like all those dirty rats. I quite like the first option better than the second one."

He let go of his hair and pushed him out of his way walking out of Louis' bedroom. As soon as he had slammed the door shut was when Louis finally allowed himself to shed a few tears. Later that night Louis was already in his bed while Liam fixed the covers around him after he had been used like a rag doll over and over again, to the point where he couldn't even move and like always, Liam was there to help and comfort him.