Sweet

Jerald irritably opened the door of his hotel room and had the shock of his life when he found a disheveled, heavily drunk Maine standing outside.

They've been friends from their freshman year in high school, when Jerald was the only one who refused to join the mob of their classmates who bullied Maine. So far, he can only remember seeing Maine completely intoxicated three times: the day after her failed plan to elope, the day she won the Binibining Pilipinas pageant, and the day of Jerald's Father's funeral where she accompanied him in his misery and grief.

"MENG, ANONG PROBLEMA?" he asked her worriedly while leading her inside.

"Jerald...kailangan ko ng all-purp—all-pur. ALL-PURPOSE! Four...Flour! Hahaha," she slurred.

"TANGINA ALA UNA NG MADALING ARAW NAGHAHANAP KA NG ARINA?!" He huffed in frustration, clutching his hair at his predicament.

"Jerald. Wag ka na magalit. Jeraaaaaald. ALL...ALL-PURPOSE! Please. All-purrrpose flour!" Maine tugged at the sleeves of Jerald's bathrobe before she plopped down on his couch.

"Je..buti pa ang all-purpose flour...all purpose flour...may purpose. Ako wala." She lightly sobbed.

"Humugot ka pa ulit ng ganyan Menggay, iba-bake talaga kita ng buhay sa oven para matupad yang pangarap mo na maging tinapay,"

"Sige na please Jeje..."

"HOY DI BA SABI KO SA'YO WAG MO NA'KONG TATAWAGING—"

"Hello Valeen! Hellooooooo. Crush ka ni Jerald hahahahaha," Maine greeted Valeen whose head was peeking from the bedroom of the suite.

"DID SHE JUST CALL YOU JEJE?" Valeen roared laughing.

"Buti na lang lasing 'to. Kundi, baka alam na ng boss mo bukas na..."

"Na?" Valeen challenged.

"KAYO NA BA? EEEEHHHHH. KAYO NA NO?! KAYO NAAAAAAAAA!!! CONGRATULATIONS GOD BLESS!!!!"

"She's so cute when she's drunk oh my god," Valeen chuckled.

"But damn, she can be noisy as hell, I swear. This will go on until the morning. Tara, let's go out,"

"Iiwanan natin siyang ganito?"

"Trust me, I'm a Maine Mendoza expert, Val. The only way she can shut up when drunk is if she's left alone. Makakatulog lang yan. Halika na."

"Saan tayo pupunta?"

"Bibili ng all-purpose flour."

Five minutes after Jerald and Valeen left, Maine was tossing back and forth on the couch , half-asleep half-awake and still not fully back to her consciousness. She felt and heard a buzzing on her left leg and when she fumbled for its source, she unknowingly found Valeen's mobile phone.

An incoming call from a contact only showing as BOSS. Without thinking twice, Maine answered the call. But her intoxicated mind thought she was still speaking to Jerald.

"Jerald????" She babbled.

"Hello? Val?"

"Ano ka ba Je! Bakit sakin mo hinahanap girlfriend mo uyyyy kayo haaa...."

"Maine? Is this Maine?"

"NICOMAINE MENDOZA FROM THE PHILIPPINES!!!!!"

"Maine why are you answering Valeen's phone? Where are you? Si Alden 'to,"

"Si Alden...gwapo yun eh. Mahal ko yun."

"MAINE???!!!!"

"Jerald namimiss ko na si Alden anong gagawin ko kailangan ko ng all-purpose flour,"