Summary

"You honestly think you've figured me out, don't you?" I ask with barely hidden venom.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't. I know your type well, you're not much of a challenge at all." He replies with a confidence that had me past my boiling point.

He knew how to push my buttons, pull on my strings, and have me dancing to his reckless freak show of a game before I even realize it.

"Are you actually trying to challenge me?" I basically hiss in irritation and his smirk widens.

"How very deductive of you." He says sarcastically.

My eyes snapped fire as I pulled on his tie to bring him down to my level.

"You're playing with fire Eli..." I say in a warning tone that only made him chuckle lowly.

"So what are you going to do about it?" He asks with the same self assured cockiness that had me gritting my teeth.

"I'll make you beg." I reply before I can stop myself.

He leans in closer to me, our lips a whisper apart.

"Not if I have you begging first." His words are like liquid silk dripping with sin.

--------------------

Daniel Colton seems to have it all. Good looks, money and a great deal of power most people can only dream of attaining. He has worked his whole life to make a name for himself and step out of the shadow of the Colton legacy that followed him everywhere. His ambitions however, have led him to a cold place of solidarity that no one even dared to get him out of. That is of course until he meets his rival company's fiery tempered C.E.O. Elijah Grayson that tests all the beliefs he held so true and dare.

Elijah Grayson has had a tough life without a stable family to support him. With a dead beat father and an abusive drunk for a mother he had to learn how to fend for himself from an early age. The only thing that has given him hope on his treacherous path to riches was the memory of an innocent boy, the only friend he had as a child. The boy, Daniel Colton, helped him in more ways than one and he swore to return the favor someday. However, the cold hearted man that he meets is completely different from the kind boy that he knew.

Will there differences be too much to overcome?

Or will their fiery passion morph into something more?

---------------------

Author's Note

I hope you enjoyed the summary. It's mostly background information I thought you guys should know and a little snippet from a future scene. I'm insanely excited about this story and I hope you guys will be thoroughly entertained by the chapters to come.

Xoxo shutup345 💋