Chapter 21: Rhythm of the Skates! Yuri VS Y/n VS Mirajane! Pt. 2

(Yuri's POV)

Viktor and Yuri left after telling me to do my best. I wiped away my remaining tears and looked towards the tv screen. Everyone in the rink was getting seated and ready for the upcoming match. I sighed and looked towards the door. Soon, I will exit that door and into the rink. From there I will have to try to win this match. My friendship and career is at stake. I don't want it to end this way. I want Y/n to be there with me. I straightened my hoodie and continue to practice and stretch. If I can be heard, please make sure this goes the way it's suppose to.

-Timeskip to Actual Battle-

The crowd cheered outside as loud as they can. I felt the pit in my stomach widen as it was nearly time. The only time I've ever had stage fright before is when grandpa didn't show up to my performance. I knew I felt bad at that moment but what I am feeling now is worse. My stomach and head don't agree with each other. I'm seeing random blurred out neon colors along with black and white and I feel nauseous. I clenched my fist together as I used my right hand to open my phone. I scrolled through my Instagram feed only to find various messages tagged with me telling me good luck. Wishing me luck won't do shit, but thanks. I posted a picture of myself smiling into the camera with the caption 'Thanks for wishing me luck, I'll try my best! <3'. I generally can't stand people for shit and won't smile no matter what hell you put me through. But ever since Y/n came into my life she has made me smile more than she could ever wish for. My heart skipped a beat thinking about what program she was going to do. I don't any acknowledgement of her skating skill so I'll have to deal with anxiety later. Mila, Lilia, and Yakov walked in on me scrolling through my phone unknowingly. Mila snatched my cell phone out of my hand giving me a grin.

"HEY! OLD HAG GIVE IT BACK!"

"Yuri Plisetsky! You don't have time to scroll through the dumb internet. You have to practice!" Lilia was scolding me again. Mila stuck her tongue out at me teasingly.

"Yuri, you should at least attempt to think you have competition!" Mila's annoying voice rang through my head as I started to furrow my brows in frustration.

"That's the thing, I don't know what Mirajane and Y/n are capable of."

Mila grinned, "Aww, is the little Yuri having doubts on his victory?"

I gave Mila my death glare, "NO! IT'S JUST-"

"Yuri, that's enough." Yakov's voice spoke calming me down.

Lilia nodded, "Yuri is right. He may be a famous figure skater but he fails to realize what he is going up against. These girls may not be amateurs and throw his career into chaos."

I sighed, "I can't stop thinking about what could happen if I lose."

Mila gently smiled and gave me a hug, "Viktor and Yuri said you were having problems thinking of Y/n as your enemy. They said that brains isn't what makes a good skater, it's the heart. If you trust that you can skate for Y/n, then you are sure to win!" Her voice was enthusiastic and gave me a bit of hope.

I smiled gently to myself and nodded, "Right, I'll try my best."

Yakov patted my back, "C'mon Yuri, the match is in 4 minutes. Let's continue getting you ready." I nodded in response as I let him take my jacket.

We walked to the doors where they would be letting us into the rink. From the side of my eye, I can see Y/n in her beautiful outfit. My face turns a light shade of red as I see how well her outfit suits her. Y/n is covered in her tiger print jacket from from the corner of my eye I can see parts of her outfit. Y/n's outfit consist of a blue and white dress that exposes the mid top of her chest and her shoulders. My eyes widened a bit. I never saw it before but imprinted on her right shoulder was some type of mark. The mark was simple. It was just a plain swirly crescent moon. I'm not sure why, but something about the mark seemed off. I brushed it aside coming to the conclusion that it's either makeup or a tattoo from when she was younger. Her hair is braided rose ponytail. Her face had makeup on that resembled a fairy and a pair of earrings to match. Her hands were covered in laced gloves and her nails was painted. She was the most beautiful girl I've seen all my life. I smiled to myself knowing that she belonged to me and only me.