My Mate's Choice 12

Start from the beginning

I kissed Valerie one more time and pulled away from her, pulling my pants up at the same time. Valerie was still leaning against the store's room door, trying to catch her breath.

"Now I take it as you're not mad at me anymore from the sound of your moaning earlier," I whispered huskily into her ears.

Valerie was totally angry because I didn't come home last night. She claimed she wasn't mad that I probably was out with some other woman but instead, she said she was worried for my safety.

I left Beatrix at 6 in the morning and changed into my wolf form to remove her scent from mine. But before I left, I sprinkle some water all over the room so that my scent wouldn't be tracked by other people who probably might come in to check on Beatrix and kissed her on the forehead.

I got back to the cabin with Valerie throwing a fit, scolding me like no tomorrow that I should have let her know where I was. She wasn't trying to control me and I knew that. She was just worried and I felt bad for making her so. Valerie refused to talk to me even during the car ride. By lunch time when she still refused to talk to me, I forced her into the store room and did what I had to do, to make her talk to me again.

"I was force to," Valerie huffed as I helped her button up her shirt and pulled up the jeans she had on.

"Whatever," I muttered, "I'll see you after school." I pecked her once more on the lips before heading out of the store. And the moment I head out, I heard my name being call.

"Calvin Young!"

I recognized the voice and quickly looked up to find the Principal, Mr Pam looking at me. From where I was standing, I could still see Valerie and I gave her an eye signal to not leave the store room yet. Plus, Valerie should have heard of Mr Pam's loud voice and she should also be smart enough not to make it obvious that she was in the store.

"Yes, sir?"

"There's someone waiting for you in the office," he stated, eyeing me.

"I'll be there, Sir."

"And what were you doing in the store room?" He questioned me.

"Oh, uhm I was counting my cash and then a piece slipped off my hand and went in there," I quickly came out with a stupid reason. Mr Pam eyed me but the shrugged his shoulder as I continued to make my way to the school's office.

I entered and there was the damn Alpha Brody who was always around Beatrix. I put on my scowled face as he approached me. "Can I bring you somewhere for personal talk?"

"We can talk here," I said arrogantly, crossing my arms over my chest.

Alpha Brody came closer and spoke, loud enough just for me to hear, "It's about Beatrix. Do you want everyone around us to know how you're actually treating her?"

I put off my scowling face but remained serious as he led me out of the office. I heard him said, "I thought so too," before stopping at the side of the school's building.

"Just give me a minute and I'll be back," Alpha Brody said and left.

What the heck? He brought me out of the school only to leave me? I waited for exactly 60 seconds before I decided I should just get back to class when Beatrix appeared.

"Beatrix?"

"You left," was the only two words she said before I saw her eyes teared a bit. It must be because of what happened this morning; I left without letting her know.

"I'm sorry. I had to before everyone spotted me. But I promise I did left a kiss on your forehead," I said, pulling her in for a hug as I tried to comfort her.

I felt Beatrix wrapped her arm around me but dropped it a second later and pushed me right on my chest. "Liar!" She screamed like she was hysterical.

I tried to calm and quieten her down by pulling her in for another hug but she slapped me right on my left cheek, causing my wolf to stir.

"What is it Beatrix?!" I yelled in her face, pinning her against the wall. My wolf was brainwashing me to claim and mark her right there and then in the school compound. I was so tired of my mate being angry at me all the damn time.

Beatrix pushed me hard against the chest again before blurting out, "Don't you dare ask! You had sex and I'm pretty sure with Valerie. So you don't come and yell at me because right now I really deserve all the rights to be mad!"

It hit me instantly that I just had sex with Valerie in the store room and of course Valerie's scent was still mixed with mine. I cursed myself. "Beatrix, it's not really like what you think of," I said as I tried to grip on her hands but in vain.

"Of course not. Last night, when you came over - it was just some act that you had to put on because you're guilty and only guilty. Let's forget about us being mates. Reject me! If you're not going to do it, then I will and by that, I mean I'm letting someone else mark me," Beatrix said, threatening even though her words didn't sound like one. She was serious about it.

"No no, Beatrix. You cannot do that. Please, I'm sorry," I said as I tried to run after Beatrix who was already walking away from me.

"No, Calvin. I'd rather die or be mated to someone else than having to know that my mate prefers someone else."

And just like that, she ran into a car which I believed was Alpha Brody’s. I screamed out loud in the crowded parking lot. I was so dumb.

'You hurt our mate,' I heard my wolf say.

"Thanks captain obvious," I replied angrily, "Don't you think I already know?"

'You don't know. That's why you're hurting her. If you had known, you wouldn't even get together with Valerie. You know it that my wolf doesn't like hers.'