chapter eight: the blaim

Jessie lies her head on Taylor's shoulder.

"Tay," she said a bit sad.

"Yes?" he looked down at her.

"What have I been doing all these years?" she asked confused and curious.

"You work for a company that helps other companies become big."

"Did we ever stop talking?" she looked up at him.

"Yes. We did," he sighed.

"Why?" she asked.

"We wanted different things," he smiled.

"Promise me we won't separate again," she said lying back down on his shoulder.

"I promise."

Jessie yawned and slowly drifted to sleep.

"Come back to me," he whispered and fell asleep holding her. The next day, Zac woke up and got ready for work. He sat in his office and had his assistant disperse the paper work from 'The Opening' case. As his assistant was working things out, he drifted off.

"Sir, Sir?" his assistant waved in his face.

"Yes," he snapped back to reality.

"I'm heading home now."

He looked at his watch. "Of course," Zac smiled. His assistant nodded and headed out. Once everyone was gone out of the building, he locked up and headed to the elevator.

"Sir," a person tapped his shoulder. He turned to see who was still in the building. It was Ryan, the maintenance man.

"Yes," he looked at him tired.

"You take care, sir," he gave a slight smile. Zac gently smiled and went into the elevator. He went to his car and began driving to the hospital. When he arrived to the hospital, he went straight to Jessie's room. As he walked in, he saw his fiancé lying down next to Taylor. He glared at him and signaled him to come out of the room.

"What is your problem?! I told you to stay here and help her not fall in love with her," Zac exclaimed in anger and frustration.

"What are you talking about?! I am helping her. The doctor said, 'her last memory was from high school.' Do you know what I've been doing all day today? I've been showing her photo albums from her college years and the past few years you two have had together. If you want her to remember you so badly, you help her on your own, but I'm not your employee, thankfully. Because I'm sure if I was, I would be where Jessie is," Taylor stated bluntly.

"Don't you try to pin this on me," Zac said in sorrow.

"I'm not trying. It is your fault. If you wouldn't have put so much work on her, she wouldn't be where she is now."

Zac in years of anger stormed off back to his car. Taylor walked into the room, seeing a scrunched up Jessie.

"What happened?" Jessie looked at Taylor.

"Nothing. Grown up stuff."

"I am a grown up," she smiled.

"Not in that head of yours," he teased. She stuck her tongue out and smiled. "It's getting late. I'll be back tomorrow."

"I won't be here," she smiled. "I'm going to be at my parent's house."

"Ok. I'll be there," he smiled and kissed  her goodnight.