the day before they left

Macie and her mom were going to an ancient island that has been past down for years and they thought it would be nice to get a way for a while after her grandpa dying and all.

Macie's pov

"MACIE GET UP, GET READY TO GO WE ONLY HAVE 3 HOURS TO PACK" her mom yelled from downstairs.
My dog roscoe see's that I'm finally getting out of bed and speeds to the door and scratches on it until I open it. So I throw some sweatpants on1 and my cloggy boots so I can let him out in the 2 feet of snow we have. As roscoe runs the length of his chain back and forth I'm freezing my ass off with a long sleeve silk pajama shirt. He finally goes pee on the smallest tree that hasn't grown in months because of his acidic pee. I've been out here long enough with him only playing with the snow so I decide to just take him and try again in a little bit. As I go in i smell burnt toast from my mom trying to cook eggs bacon pancakes and toast at the same time because she seems to over think everything so it always gets fucked up.
But I personally like my toast a little darker so I guess it's perfect. "Fuck, i burnt the damn toast." My mom said as she throws it in the trash although I have told her over a million times I like my toast burnt but I'm used to no one ever listening to me so I'll just eat quickly and go pack the rest of my stuff that I need.

It's 1:00 now and we're about to head to the island and I need to buy a swimming suit because I outgrew my top piece. I brought my tablet for Spotify because I get free premium on it😆. We're out of town now almost to the airport. I've always wondered if they detecters detect braces, we will find out. I have had braces for about a year now I get them off in October and it's February now so it's close right now mine are clear and red they look cool.

We have been on our private plane for about 3 hours now and there is still about 8 hours to go so I'm gonna take a nap the rest of the time it's 5:00 so I'll set my alarm for 12:30.