What Just Happened

BAZ
"Basilton!" Ah yes, I forgot my Aunt Fiona was coming to visit me. She always said she would, just to make sure I don't get captured by fucking numpties again. It really isn't fair.

Neil and Dav have a class together early in the mornings, so they usually can't join me for tea. I wish they hadn't taken that class. I am more than practically forced to sit with her and hope she doesn't ask me to put a protection spell on us as she blows up the Weeping Tower.

She's sitting at a dining table looking high and mighty while the rest of the student body eyes her wearily. She ignores them flawlessly and sips her tea. I sit with her, like I have a choice, and she pores me some tea. "I can't believe how ugly this school has gotten." She sneers, must be a family trait or something, "Nothing new, this place is a graveyard of old tables and rusty chandeliers." I'd have to agree with her. However I find it endearing.

She looks at me and it seems she's expecting something. "I agree, but why are you here?" I say skipping  the formalities, Snow is probably watching.

He's always shoving his face with scones in the corner with Bunce and Wellbelove. Though I know he looks at me, I can't do anything about it. I look at him just as much. My aunt is in the way now. Her face covers him, and it makes me a little bit disturbed. I hope he isn't watching. He probably is.

"What no concern for your aunt, who came all the way to this rugged school to see you?" I give her a look, she smiles. "You're right, fine, I want you to sneak int-"

"No," I say swiftly, "the last time I went in that place it was to shove toilet paper down his toilet and sink, and spell his towels full of snakes. No more, did it ever occur to you that I still might get expelled for that? It is the Mages office." I hissed under my breath. She gave me a dubious look and sighed.

"Fine, no more, but don't expect me to stop asking. Besides it should have been your office. Bless your mother's heart, she'd be devastated to know that her precious school is going to ruins under that swine." She said boldly. She looked around and stood. "I'm leaving."

"No formalities Aunt, I thought you would at least say a better goodbye, and to leave so soon..." I teased, because I know I'm her favorite and I can.

She looked at me and smiled devilishly. "I have business I have to take care of so I knew I couldn't stay long. Proper goodbyes are for people who don't get captured and held for months by fucking numpties." She laughed and walked out. A smiled formed on my face, it was more of a smirk. My aunt was always up to something.

I sipped my tea and tried to relax as everyone's eyes ended up on me. I could hear conversations, and knew that gossip would travel fast. It's big news when a Pitch returns to this school, many kids in the old families would rather my aunt take over than The Mage.

I don't personally think that idea is too thrilling. I don't get to look into that thought because I can feel magic rising in the room. It's Snows, and it's so comforting, like it should never be. I shouldn't wrap myself in it like I do.

I close my eyes and relax, the feeling gets stronger. My eyes flutter open to see a disgruntled Snow sitting across from me. At my table. Shoving his face with scones.

"What the-- Snow why are you here? Where's Bunce or Wellbelove?" I say trying to not let panic seep into my voice. I must do a good job because he looks irritated.

"They left." He said shortly, swallowing his scone. I watch it trail down. I lick my lips. When I look back I meet his eyes. Blue. Blue. Blue.

I want to kiss him. He's closer then he has any right to be, it's amazing I've held it together this long. These tables aren't big I can feel his feet underneath. His magic only gets stronger. He looks upset.

'What's wrong Snow, you can tell me? I love you. It's alright, whatever it is we can fix it. We can make it right. I promise, I want you to be happy. I love you so much.' I wish I could say that. Instead I look at him, and burn out in his eyes.

"I wonder if they got tired of you, you are pretty easy to get tired of." I lie. He glares at me and I feel a ping in my chest.

"I came over here to see what you were plotting. What did your aunt tell you to do, spell snakes into The Mages room again? Whatever it is, I'll stop it." I'm sure he would have. I don't care. He checks the time and stands. He runs his hands through his hair, a move that drives me batty, and walks away. "Class time." He says shoving another scone in his pocket and talking his magic with him.

I'm left at the table alone and hopelessly in love and wondering, what just happened?