Through The Years

Start from the beginning

Suddenly you felt a blush creeping up your cheeks.

"Umm." You mused as you looked at the different options in the theatre, biting your lip in thought. "What about that one?" You suggested pointing to the poster.

"Oh man! Any one but that one." Bucky groaned and threw his head back.

"Oh! Sorry! We don't have to see that one!" You gasped.

"(Y/N/N), I'm just kidding. It looks awesome." He grinned before taking your hand and leading both you and Steve over to the ticket booth.

This once again made your heart flutter.

The truth was, that lately you had developed a crush on Bucky. He was little bit older. A little bit taller. And he was turning into a very good looking, very charming young man.

Of course you were falling for that smirk of his, just like every other girl in your school.

16 years old

"(Y/N), can I talk to you for a minute?" You hear a deep voice from behind you.

"Bucky what do you want?" You snap, wiping the tears away from your eyes and not turning to face him.

"Doll, look at me please." He sighs.

"Stop calling me that!" You sniffle.

It only made you get your hopes up more when he used words like that.

"Please." He says right by your ear now and lays a hand on your arm. "Just talk to me (Y/N)."

Finally you turn around to look at him, your bottom lip quivering. He brings his thumb up to brush over it gently.

"What's wrong? You ran off so fast that I didn't even get a chance to see what happened." He murmurs quietly.

"Nothing happened Bucky." You shake your head. "That's the problem."

"What?" He frowns. "Clearly something happened for you to get all worked up like this."

"I like you Bucky." You whisper.

"I like you too (Y/N)." He replies.

"No Bucky, not like that." You whimper.

"Yes doll, just like that." He chuckles and brushes some hair out of your eyes. "I know what you mean."

Your face lights up and you look at him hopefully but then you steel yourself.

"Then why do you keep running off with all those other girls from my year?" You state.

"In hopes of getting your attention." He sighs. "I never thought a girl like you would be into a guy like me."

"Oh trust me Buck, you got my attention loud and clear." You smirk.

"Then whaddaya say we give this thing a try?" He grins and takes your hand in his.

17 years old

It wasn't planned to happen. Spur of the moment. The two of you were both a little tipsy after a few glasses of whiskey and then one thing led to another and then it just happened.

Not that you regretted any of it. Not one bit.

It was clumsy and despite Bucky's big talk that he'd done it before it seemed very inexperienced. A lot of experimenting. A lot of shuffling around. But it wasn't awkward. It was enjoyable and actually quite hilarious at the time.

Now, as the early morning light crept through the thin curtains of Bucky's small bedroom, you nuzzeld your face into the crook of his neck. It was nice and warm, just the two of you snuggled up in his cot with nothing but the bedsheets covering you.