The end is near

• Dedicated to My 9th grade English teacher M.Charland

**I wrote this when i was in 9th grade for english class. so its been a while i recently found it and decided to upload it :) i know it sucks but eh.**

It’s just been announced that a meteor is heading for the planet Earth ,it shall crash in approximately 78 hours. It’s my job to save our planet. Well me and my team;  Rizzo, under cover extraordinaire; Dr. Frank Acheleto ,majors in Astronomy, Anya Queach ,war general and Finally me Jordan but you can call me J.

It’s about 10 am and it looks like the sun has just set there are no children playing, no birds flying not even a  buzzing fly just the feel of sorrow in the air. As my team was trying to devise a plan I on the other hand already devised one.

       -what do you mean you have a plan. Exclaimed Rizzo. 

      -Well it wasn’t hard. I sarcastically answered. All we have to all we have to do is change the Meteors direction with an explosion.

     -Ya but if we don’t hit it just at the right time the earth is doomed yelped Anya. 

The room was silent, we all knew it was our only hope we all started to gather TNT, gun powder, Bomb etc. Rizzo even went undercover to get some.  At this time the sun would have normally set but it had been dark all day. The Christians and scientist referred to it as the apocalypse. It was an estimate time of 6 am when we finished our device. Now it was just a matter of time. Our next assignment was to keep the people of the world calm but how?The red light flashed he heard 3...2...1...  and were back  welcome to channel 23 news I’m here with Rizzo, Dr. Frank Acheleto, Anya Queach and Jordan may. “Thanks Annie” Jordan replied.

        -people of earth do not panic there is no need for alarm. Frank said comely. Folks tuned in from all over the world. The interview went on for hours. Thank you and once again I’m Annie Simins. 

        -That went well, said Anya.

        - Ya but the meteor is only8 hours away.

         -Its time to start the fuse said Rizzo dramatically. 

 We started  the ‘‘bomb’’. In took a gulp 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. It flew gloriously in the air. We watched the bom fly out of our atmosphere. There was en explosion that seemed to cover the whole planet. It was silent except for the cry of a baby. There was a blinding red light I feel to the ground. Most of the trees were burnt to a crisp the grass tuned brown the world was now a dessert as it seemed. My team surrounded me well people cheered i was. Hours later a doctor walked out of my room but with a sad expression on his face. "She’s in a coma" he said. Anya started to cry. But at least the world was safe. At least for now.