xi || growing up

1943 ||

"There are billions of stars in the sky yet your smile shines the brightest."

The world quaked underneath Enoch's knees or that's what it felt like as he stood there besides the few who would stay with Aspen until the birth of her child. Enoch breathed out as he looked at the boys and girls, for support. No support was given, of course, because they were so eager to see the wobbling, pregnant girl who had left.

Enoch was the most eager to meet her, but he seemed to noticed he was, also, the most nervous. The others had little giggles and appeared anxious, yes, but they were nothing compared to Enoch's behavior. He sweated with anxiousness, his stomach churned with the cliché butterflies that he had only read about.

He felt like he was dying as he was told to knock on the door. "I can't do it," He confessed and let Emma walk in front of him. They all gave a sympathetic gaze to Enoch, before Aspen opened the door. Emma let out a small squeal as she hugged the woman that stood in front of them.

Enoch eyed her, nervously, as she had changed so much in such a short period. Her hair had been cut off, she had grown into the small body she was once had, and Enoch couldn't help but notice how happy she looked. "I missed you, all, so much!" Aspen's voice even seemed happier than the last time the two had talked.

Enoch faked a smile as he entered the apartment, as he noticed how lovely it was. The wooden floors looked polished, the wallpaper was brand new, and the entire place looked all around nice. "Lovely home, Aspen," Someone said; however, Enoch was too busy freaking out about how mature the seventeen-year-old was being. Aspen grinned as she wobbled into the kitchen, "I really hope these cookies settle everything. Akia probably is wondering why people are here."

Everyone was in awe with Aspen and the life she had created for herself. "How is Akia?" Hugo asked, as he took a cookie from the tray. Aspen eyed the ground, as Hugo asked about Akia.

"He's getting better- The medication really does work wonders," She replied, a small smile growing on her face. However, Enoch couldn't take his mind off of how real everything was, now. Akia had an illness, Aspen was pregnant with Enoch's child, and they were growing up. It all hit him, so suddenly, and he couldn't take his mind off of it all.

"I'll be back, soon. Akia will probably want to say hello," Aspen remarked, before waltzing into the back bedroom, which was assumed to be Akia's room. Enoch looked around at the decor, before giving Emma a nervous glance. "I can't do this," He mouthed as he backed away from the group of people.

"It's okay, Enoch. You're simply seeing an old friend and that's okay," Emma told, as she put her hand on his shoulder, for a comforting gesture. "Right," He chuckled, dryly.

"I'm back," Aspen made it aware, as her stomach caught Enoch's eye. He hadn't noticed the surge that had grown onto where Aspen's flat stomach had once been. "Akia, you can speak now," She said, as a little boy stepped up from behind the girl. "Hello," His voice was timid and shy, as he seemed to be connected to the hips of his older sister.

"These are my friends, Akia. They'll treat you kindly, isn't that right?" Aspen comforted her brother, before looking at everyone in the room. "Of course," They all confirmed, before smiling at Akia. Aspen grinned at her brother, as she rubbed her stomach, happily.

"Akia is excited to be an uncle. He thinks the baby is going to have abilities, too," Aspen confirmed as Enoch's heart rate fastened. "We will accept the little girl or guy," Emma giggled as she stepped closer to Aspen. "May I touch it?" Emma asked, as she looked at Aspen's bulging stomach. Of course, Aspen agreed as she seemed to be trilled about having a child.

Emma's hands, instantly, rubbed Aspen's stomach, as Emma laughed, nervously. "This is so weird," Emma confessed, as she looked at Aspen. "What gender do you think it is?" Fiona asked, before joining Emma. "I want a boy," Aspen said, as she glanced at Enoch, "However, I think it's a girl. Akia is sure it's a boy, though."

Enoch's stomach, once again, churned. How could this be my life? He thought, as he felt his heartbeat increase even more so. He felt like this wasn't happening, for he was much too young to have a family and Aspen was too young to mother not one but two children- Akia and this baby.

"How far along are you?" Anya questioned, as she stepped closer to the pregnant female. "I'm five months, as of last week. Only four more months 'til I am a mum," Aspen exclaimed as she softly poked her stomach. "It kicked!" Fiona and Emma squealed, as they took their hands off of the tummy.

"Can I feel?" Blurted Enoch, he didn't expect himself to speak; and, neither did the others. However, when he realized that his child was able to move- He had to make it known that he wanted to at least feel the strength of their child. Aspen, slowly, nodded her head as Fiona and Emma made room for Enoch.

His hands laced around her swollen stomach, just as slowly as Aspen nodded her head. He feared that he would harm the baby or Aspen; however, he couldn't contain the excitement he had. "He's not kicking," Whined Enoch, his eyebrows furrowed as he knelt to talk to the unborn infant. "Hey, kid, can you do me a favor?" Enoch asked, still rubbing the woman's belly.

He looked up at Aspen, who was looking down at Enoch, with love in her eyes. "Can you kick for me like you did for Emma and Fiona?" Enoch, lovingly, asked as he felt a small, yet powerful, kick. He was taken a back as he chuckled out in astonishment. "He kicked!" He exclaimed, before putting his hands back on the spot where 'he' had kicked.

**

chapter finished - 02. 23. 17

I don't know how Enoch would really react; however, I really think he would react somewhat near how I wrote it. I believe, at first, he would be very nervous and very timid-like as he doesn't think he can handle parenting, but eventually, he becomes more excited and, like, falls in love with the unborn infant. Doesn't that sound like Enoch? Anyways, the gender of the child will, probably, be displayed somewhere in the next chapter and the birth will soon follow it. However, I really don't know what the name of the baby should be- Do you have any suggestions?

*byeeee*