About The Tribe of Falling Feathers

***IMPORTANT!!!***

*Please read all of this information!*

~Location~

-In an underground cave in the forest.

~Kits~

-Kits start training at 5 moons old

-When kits are born, mother gives them a temporary name (kit name) and receive their official name (tribe name) when they become either prey-hunters or cave-guards.

-When they are born, the healer pierces their ear with a bluebird feather that their mother has selected from the bird she hunts the day they're born.

~To-be's~

-To become a prey-hunter or cave-guard, a to-be must journey to the Place of Hunting Birds (a large, open, rocky area) and hunt for a feather. They must take the first feather they see and protect it all the way back to the camp. Once they return, the Healer will determine what the to-be will become based on what kind of feather they have. Then, he replaces the bluebird feather with it, and they wear it until they die. He also then gives them their Tribe Name. If the to-be loses their feather on the way back from the journey, they are banished from the tribe.

-Hawk feathers = Cave-guards: Hawks are strong and fierce birds that require fighting to take down. This kind of feather symbolizes strength.

-Falcon feathers = Prey-hunters: Falcons are quick and cunning, requiring cats to be quick witted and fast to take one down. This kind of feather symbolizes speed and cunning.

-Eagle feathers = Healers: Eagles are rare and brave birds. They are naturally strong and intimidating, and they are feared by all the cats. This kind of feather symbolizes leadership and bravery. They are the rarest of all the kinds of feathers.

-Also, to-be's don't have specific mentors. All the prey-hunters and cave-guards take turns teaching all the apprentices about the ways of the tribe.

~Elders~

-Elders retire when they are unable to continue their duties.

-They are treated very well and made comfortable until they join the Tribe of Endless Hunting.

~Death~

-When any cat dies, the healer holds a ceremony to honor their life. He removes their feather and takes it to the Cave of Lost Souls (a large cave connected to the camp by a small tunnel) where it is kept forever. Of a kit or to-be dies, it's bluebird feather is placed in the cave.

-The tribe sit vigil over the body for one night, then the dead cat's family take it away to be buried.

***{If you have read through all of this, comment with the name of your favorite warrior cat from the original arc so we know you've read this! It's very important stuff!}***