Chapter 2 : So Not What I Expected

Chapter Two : So Not What I Expected

"What fresh hell! Let go!" I yelled, adrenaline coursing through my veins, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Sorry!" Zander said, hastily dropping his hands from where he had me pinned against the locker.

I'd like to say that I enjoyed every minute of it. That having his warm hard body so close to mine made my stomach flutter and the scent of him drove me crazy and all I wanted to do was close the distance between us and taste the sweetness of his kiss.

But no. Just no. Sorry to disappoint, but this guy was six feet of muscle. So when he slammed me against the locker, it hurt. Like a lot.

"Watcha do that for!" I yelled annoyed. My back felt like it was bashed against a wall. Oh wait, it was. Jerk.

"You were about to puch me weren't you?" Zander asked, running a large tanned hand through his inky black hair.

"You grabbed me from behind, didn't you?" I retorted.

I know I wasn't acting like the love sick puppy I usually was around him but the adrenaline and anger broke down my walls like alcohol.

"Ya sorry about that. Anyway, I just wanted to talk to you about the tutoring thing." Zander said his raspberry red lips stretching into a sheepish smile. And just like that I was back to being shy Sally with him.

"What about it?" I asked, looking at my toes of my black converse and rubbing my sore shoulder. Man he was strong!

"I know you don't want to do it, but Mrs. Reynolds' promised me a recommendation letter, so...."

"You're one of her star students, she'd give it to you anyways." I mumbled. Those eagles were back to clawing my stomach again and judging by how hot my face felt, I was probably blushing like crazy too.

"Yeah... But I promised and it'd look good on my college app"

Oh. He wanted to use me for a pretty college app eh? He didn't want to share his knowledge and help a weak student out of the goodness of his heart? Man, I'm sure his personality was as good as his looks. Not.

"Sure. We'll work out the schedule tomorrow, if that's ok?" I said, all buisness like, thinking really? Was every one so..selfish nowadays?

"Yeah, all right. See you later, then." Zander said, already jogging back towards the cafeteria.

I bet he didn't even know my name.

Sighing, I looked at the dangling silver watch on my wrist. Ten minutes till fifth period. Making a U- turn, I walked past the rows of grimy silver lockers, headed towards the school entrance. To hell with school, I wasn't going to learn anything anyway.

Being a senior, I didn't have to make a big show of having cramps to get a pass, I could leave whenever I wanted because we had a flexible routine. So, slinging my black messenger bag over my shoulder, I strutted towards the big brown double doors like I owned the place, remebering the advice that you only get caught if you look guilty.

Sam, the annoying security guard who's face was always scrunched up as if he'd been sucking a lemon was standing there, stick straight, eyes scanning the hall like a hawk. I swear he hated kids.

Immediately those yellow eyes landed on me with a cold stare. Game on bucko, I thought, transforming my mouth into a disgusted scowl, eyes narowed and jaws clenched.

"What brings you here Miss Ryder?" Sam's raspy voice croaked.

"Obviously not your charming personality" I spat, voice dripping with sarcasm. He just gave me a look.