Chapter 1

Hey kiddies :) This is my first fan fiction and i hope you guys like it ;) Please comment and vote and i love to hear any feed back you have about my story. Probably more as the story goes on, yeah? 

love Holls <3 xoxoxo

I boarded the plane at Sydney Airport, waving goodbye to my closest friends pretty much since birth, my best girlfriends Maddie and Kat and my best guy friend Harry. It was the most difficult goodbye of my life, but it was even worse the day before I left. I grew up in Byron Bay, a beach town on the Eastern coast of Australia. I had never known anything outside of my comforting hometown. Maddie, Kat and Harry had been my closest friends for literally my whole life. Maddie and Kat’s parents were great friends with my close family friends, and Harry was the son of my Mum’s best friend.

My parents split up when I was very young, about two years old so don’t really remember much about that. Whenever people asked and felt bad, I simply said, “ I can’t really miss what I don’t remember, if you know what I mean…” Anyway, ever since they had split up I lived mostly with my mum and visited my Dad every second weekend. It really bombed because I didn’t get on that well with my mum, and my Dad and I were super close, a complete Daddy’s girl. After most of my life of that routine with my Dad, it was a pleasant surprise when my Dad told me he was moving down to the coast so he could see more often! After that it was a week with my mum a week with my Dad, and that was from when I was about 12 years old until I was 14 and a half. Then 3 months before my fifteenth birthday in June, my Dad flew half way around the world to live in England. Oh, I forgot to mention, my Mum was born and raised in Australia and my Dad was a complete POM, literally, he couldn’t get anymore English. From the way he referred to some pants as “trousers” and the “loo” instead of the toilet. That was something I loved about my Dad though. Anyway, I was completely devastated when he left me. We talked everyday over skype or on the phone but it just wasn’t the same. I wanted to see him more than anything. So we decided that I would go over and stay with my Dad for a year in England. We booked my flight a few months ago, as I would be flying by myself. It has been all I could talk about. Now the day has arrived!! Remember how I said I wasn’t really close with my mum? Well, I have realized just how much I will miss her this year, but I have been dying to see my Dad, and it is something that I just have to do. My Mum will still be there when I get back and so will my best friends. At least I have something special to take with me to help me settle in a bit better. My two best furry friends, Cocoa and Sammy would be coming with me. Cocoa was my 1-year-old brown Burmese kitten, and Sammy was my little puppy, he is a little black toy poodle. Bit pathetic really, but Sammy and Cocoa get along really well as we brought them home together as little youngsters.

 For the long 22-hour flight I opted for comfy clothes rather than fancy, I was going on a plane, bloody hell, not a fashion parade. I hate those blonde bimbos who prance around in super tight skinny jeans and sky-high heels just to go on a plane! I kept it simple in my black leggings, ugg boots and a navy blue Jack Wills hoodie. Where I got it you may ask? Having a Dad who lives in the middle of London isn’t all bad, Papa bear sends over some pretty “trendy” stuff as he says, every now and again and my Jack Wills and Black Doc Martens were at the top of my “favourite clothes from England” list.  I lugged by already tired body up the steps onto the

plane after walking across the tarmac. It was so damn windy! “Hello there, and welcome to Virgin Atlantic flight VJ849, may I have your boarding pass please” said the tall woman at the door of the plane, the fake smile plastered across her face spoke again, “ Holly Warner, your seat in row 6 in the window seat. Please make your way to your seat quickly.” I picked up my onboard luggage and trudged down the small aisle looking for my seat. I smiled, as I looked at the person in the seat next to my own. A boy about 16, which was the same as me was sat in the aisle seat. This flight could be more interesting than I thought it would be. He looked into my blue eyes with his hazel ones as I he got out of his seat to let me into mine. “ Hi, I’m Logan”, Logan spoke with and adorable accent, but I couldn’t quite pick where it was from. “ Hey, I’m Holly” I said as I pulled my laptop out of my bag.  “ So, where about are you from?” I asked Logan with my eyebrows rising inquisitively. “ Oh, I’m from Portugal” “Right, that’s next to Spain isn’t it?” I questioned, “yep” he replied. “Well then, that explains the insane tan” I said as I gestured to his very brown arms. “ And, I’m from a beach town in Australia, and I have never been that dark in my life!” I giggled. “Well, I was kinda born with it” he winked at me as he said this, “Lucky you!”

For the rest of the flight, I watched about a billion movies, fiddled around on my laptop and daydreamed about what life would be like living in London for a year with my Dad. As I was thinking about what an amazing experience I was going to have this year, Logan interrupted my thoughts, “So, what is a pretty girl like you doing on a plane to London?” I turned my head away from the little oval shaped window and grinned at Logan, “ My Dad lives there, and I’m moving in with him for a year. My parents split up when I was young, so my mum lives back in Australia and my Dad in England, so yeah…” Just as Logan started to speak the speaker went on “ The seatbelt sign has been switched on, please latch your seatbelts and close your fold down tables as we prepare to land. The current time at Heathrow airport is 3.47pm and the temperature is 5 degrees Celsius. Thank you for flying with Virgin Atlantic on the 6th of December, and enjoy your stay.” The voice of the pilot blared throughout the aircraft. Logan didn’t say anything after that and before I knew it we touched down at Heathrow airport.

When I finally got off the plane and went through customs and the metal detectors, I came out of the gate searching the crowd for my Dad. I was looking through the crowd for 5 minutes and I started to get worried. Where was my Dad?! Did he forget to come and get me? I didn’t have any money on me that could pay for a taxi, and I didn’t know the address of my Dad’s place. Suddenly, there was a loud yell, and a huge commotion from behind me. Then I felt a very warm body slam into the back of me and we went skidding across the shiny floor of the airport. When the body stood up I could actually see who it was. Oh. My. God. It was Harry. Not my best friend Harry, but the Harry from One Direction. It was Harry Styles. He was the first to speak “Shit. I am so sorry about that, are you alright?” he said worriedly as he helped me up. Lost for words I just stood there like a goldfish with my mouth hanging open. He looked at me like I was a total and utter loon. I finally got some sense into myself and said something “um, err, yeah. F-fine absolutely fine” I stuttered. “Sorry again, but I gotta fly” he said as he looked behind him. There were cameras and paparazzi swarming all around us and I was getting trampled. “Ow, holy mother of! Seriously people?!” Hundreds of girls stepped on my stuff and me as they tried to get a glimpse of Harry, but he was already 300 metres away. After the commotion finally died down, I stood up and brushed myself off. I walked through the terminal in search of my Dad but he was nowhere to be found. I gave up hope and looked for a phone booth instead. I found one near the taxi rank and dialed my Dad’s number. “Hallo?” he answered. “Dad! It’s me, Holly, where are you? I’m at the airport.” “Shit, you’ve already landed have you?” he asked. “Yeah, I landed about 20 minutes ago,” “ Don’t think I’ve forgotten you Holl, I’m just stuck in traffic, I’ll be there in 10 minutes yeah?” “Alright, I’ll see you soon. I’ll wait for you in front of Nando’s.”

In that 10 minutes that I waited for him, I thought about what just happened at the airport. I just met Harry Styles. I just spoke to him. I just touched him. Bloody Hell. I was one lucky unlucky girl. My Dad finally pulled up in his little Renault car. “ Dad!!!!!!” I screamed, “I have missed you so much darling” my Dad said as he pulled me into a hug. I breathed in his familiar smell of leather and vanilla body wash. He helped but my huge suitcase in the car and my other few bags, which I took on the plane with me. In the car ride from the airport to my Dad’s house, we had a big catch up chat and talked about pretty much everything since the last time we had spoken. After a 30-minute drive through London, we finally pulled up outside a gorgeous London house that was 2 stories and was partly new and partly old. “Did you put on an extension Dad?” I asked, “Yeah, I was just about to say that actually, it was just completed last month.”  I got out of the car and dragged my bags up to the little red front door and caught the house key my Dad chucked at me. “Welcome home” he said as I pushed the door open.