Chapter Fourteen

Chase was correct, after the BBQ I was kept as busy as I wanted to be. I had coffee with a couple of different moms in the packhouse over the last few weeks, got to know a couple of the little ones that were always running around, and I got a full tour of the territory from Chase.

There were these little things that he would do that would just make my heart flutter. The way he would pour me a cup of coffee without asking, the way his hand would seek mine while he was reading the paper. How Chase would kiss my temple before he would leave for his office, and when he came home he would always hug me from behind. I was falling deeply in love with Chase more and more each day.

"I am so happy to see you," Chase spoke into my neck, his arms wrapped around my waist from behind. He gave my neck a quick kiss before resting his chin on my shoulder and watched as I prepped our dinner.

"Long day?" I asked as I chopped an onion. Chase nodded, relaxing in our casual intimate position. We continued on in that position as I cooked, Chase helping by being an extra set of arms, grabbing the things I needed without being asked. It was like he could already read my mind, which was impossible since we hadn't completed the mate bond yet.

We had fallen into a comfortable rhythm since I moved in, but I knew it wasn't where I wanted to settle. Chase has never once pushed me to finish the mating process, never rushed me despite the times I know he really wants to. The thing was, I wanted to, but I was too nervous to make the first move.

After supper, Chase and I worked together to clean all the dishes. It was as if we were a well-oiled machine or that we had been working like this for years rather than a few weeks. Silence permeated the air, but it wasn't uncomfortable, there was no need to fill the air with talk.

When Chase moved to head into the living room I put my hand on his forearm to stop him, my mouth opened to say the words 'I want to finish the matebond' but they got stuck in my throat. His green eyes stared into my soul, I wish Chase could hear the desire of my heart. After a moment of failing to dislodge the words from my mouth, I decided actions spoke louder than words anyway.

I slipped my hand into Chase's, keeping my eyes locked with his as I took a few steps backward in the direction of our bedroom. Chase willingly followed me, his steps slow as if he were giving me time to change my mind. Or if he wasn't sure of my intent, he was taking his time to find out.

Once we were in our room, the door closed behind us, I pulled Chase's head down to mine, pressing my lips to his in a gentle kiss. It hardly took a second before my mate was moving his mouth against mine in response. I reveled in the tingling sensation of the sparks and fireworks, pulling Chase closer to me. One of my hands cupped his jaw, the other playing with the ends of his hair as I gathered my courage to progress things.

Breaking our kiss, I took a step back, my eyes meeting Chase's. His eyes watched me curiously, keeping track of my every move. I took a deep breath and crossed my arms grabbing the hem of my loose shirt and pulling it over my head leaving me in my white lace bra. Chase's eyes zoned in on my chest, it wasn't the first time he'd seen me half-naked like this, but this time it felt different knowing what would come next.

Chase grabbed my waist, pulling me flush against him, his lips hungrily claiming mine. After a minute, my hands played with the bottom of his shirt, frantically trying to get it off of him as the intensity of our kiss increased. We broke apart as Chase helped me finish removing his shirt before our mouths crashed together again. My hands groped his muscles blindly, as Chase's hands tangled in my hair. A soft moan escaped my lips as Chase slowed us down, bringing us back to slowly enjoying each other. I didn't want to complete the bond quickly in the heat of the moment, I wanted it to demonstrate how much we cared about each other. I wanted our first time to showcase our love.

My back made contact with the soft duvet, being lowered slowly onto the bed. I climbed back into the middle of the bed as Chase climbed on top of me. I took a deep shaky breath, not because I was nervous. I mean I was nervous but that wasn't the cause of the shaky breath, you know? It was just, the feeling was just right. I don't know how else to explain it.

Chase caressed my jaw, his other hand on the bed next to my head holding himself over me. His knees straddled my hips as his hand slipped from my jaw down my neck, collarbone, grazing my breast and settling on my ribs. Each of his caresses and his touch expressed everything to me. The gentleness, the possessiveness, the love, and passion. I could have sworn I saw us twenty years in the future, the love that we shared was strong enough to overcome anything. Any challenges with kids, pack stresses, juggling family dynamics, I knew we could get through it all.

Our bodies moved in sync, coming together in the most beautiful way. I felt everything, it was difficult to say where one of us ended and the other began. Chase was a part of me in a way that not even death could change. To lose him now would be equivalent to losing an arm or leg.

No, to lose him now would be like losing my heart.

My world fell apart in a flurry of fireworks, bright blazing stars, His name falling from my lips in desperate pleas. My name fell from his like an act of worship.

I was fully claimed as his mate.