Will he go to prom with me?

I think I just did the craziest thing I've done in my whole life! I left a note in his locker. Who's the owner of this locker you might ask? Nick Jones! The most popular guy in Coral Shores High School, quarterback of the hurricanes, senior class president, and the hottest guy any girl has laid eyes on. He was tall with evergreen mysterious eyes and luscious soft blonde hair. What is there not to like? 

I never really talked to the kid though. We've had the same classes since kindergarten and the only time he ever talks to me is when we have a project together or when he apologizes for his friends bumping into me in the hallway. Well back to the note. In the note, it said : 

Nick, 

I don't think you remember me, but my name's Marie. We've had classes since kindergarten and I'm always the girl you partner up with for a project. Well, I heard you don't have a prom date yet and prom is tomorrow night. So, I was thinking that maybe we should go together. As friends! Not a date or anything. Thats only if you WANT to go with me, if not i understand. Well, if you do, be at my house by 6. You know where I live. 

Love, Marie 

Yeah, it's stupid right? But I felt as though I just HAD to. As if it was a calling or something. Okay well now I'm REALLY starting to sound stupid. Now I'm just gonna have to wait for tomorrow. 

3:47 Saturday afternoon and I'm on edge. Some weird feeling is building up inside of me. I feel as though 20 million butterflies are flapping around in my stomach at the same time. As I lay down on my bed looking at the ceiling imaging how the rest of the day will go, I could hear my mother thanking the UPS man for the box or something. Next thing I hear are high heels probably 3 inch heels running up the stairs as if a fire broke loose.  

My mother swung the door open and jumped onto my bed beside me. She looks more excited than a 6 year old hearing the ice cream truck coming. She said, " The dress came in! Your prom dress is here! Girl you better try on the dress right now to see what else we have to buy to tie up the whole look.". I walked into the bathroom with the dress in my hand and then tried it on. I walked back out and entered my room where my mother is gasping by how "beautiful" I look in the dress.  

I looked in the mirror and it was a strapless silky long orange Jovani dress. It was blinged out with little diamonds on the edge of the top part of the dress and then diamonds spread out by the bottom. It went perfectly with my nice natural tan and long wavy brown hair. Luckily, we didn't have to go shopping because my mom had matching heels and lovely jewelry. The high heels were a dark red orange simple 3 inch heel that matched perfectly with the dress. The jewelry was a plain diamond necklace with chandelier diamond earrings. I hate bracelets and rings so I decided not to wear any. I left my hair down and wavy as always. I figured it went nice with the outfit. 

I looked at the clock and it was already 6:15. I knew he wasn't coming. Right when I was about to leave my bedroom I hear a clack noise at my window. I thought maybe it was a bird or something until I heard it again. I ran to my window in curiosity wondering what I could've been. I opened my curtains to find Nick Jones standing outside my window with a big sign that says I'm taking you to prom! I ran down the stairs almost tripping on the last step.  

I scurried to the door and stopped. I calmed myself down and walked out casually. We walked to each other meeting halfway. He said, " I was surprised that you asked me to prom? I was actually going to ask you myself until I found the letter. I've always had a little crush on you ever since you threw your crayons at me because I wouldn't give you a cookie in 2nd grade. I'm happy that I'm going to prom with the girl I've been waiting forever for.". I was left speechless until I realized I haven't said anything back and I said " Do you know how long I've been waiting for to hear you say that?". We then walked into his 1969 convertible white camaro and drove off to prom. 

Now I guess the answer to this big question that's been running through my head all this time is Yes, he will go to prom with me.