Chapter 28: Notice Me

Summer's POV

As I got to the airport to say goodbye to Michael and the rest of the boys, I was surprised to see a large group of people gathered there. I had to squeeze my way through them and when I finally noticed the boys off to the side, a huge security guard pushed me back.

"Excuse me miss, but you can't go over there," he told me.

I gave him a confused look. I was only in the lobby part of the airport and they hadn't even reached security yet. What did he mean I couldn't go over there? I came here to say goodbye and that's exactly what I planned on doing. "Michael!" I called and waved to him, hoping he could hear me over the screaming girls.

He noticed me after a few minutes and came over, pushing past the security. He engulfed me in a hug, "I knew I should've met you earlier. Luke tweeted when we gonna be at the airport. This is crazy, I can't believe how many people are here." He laughed and I tried to smile back, but it was difficult. He seemed too happy for us about to say goodbye. He wasn't just going to be a few hours away, but in a whole other country with a whole different timezone.

"About ten minutes mate!" Ashton called to him.

Michael nodded and turned back to me. "This isn't goodbye, you know?"

"Yeah," I tried to say, but no sound came out because honestly it very well could be goodbye. He could find someone else or he could never come back. There were so many possibilities of what could happen. I should be happy for him. This is what he wanted and was waiting for. The band was finally going somewhere. He was finally following his dream. I felt all of the eyes of the people that came to see them off staring at us and I tried to ignore them, but it was difficult. I hated people staring.

His hand lifted my face so I was looking into his greenish brown eyes. I wish this wasn't the last time I would see them for months, they were so gorgeous. "Hey, I love you. Nothing is going to change that. Not distance. Not time. Nothing. You're my everything, Winter." He lifted my face to his in a gentle kiss and I savored the moment, committing it to memory so I could play it back later. Everyone around us disappeared and it was just Michael and me.

"I love you too, Mikey," was all I could say. There was so much I wanted to say, but I was on the verge of tears so if I said more I would lose it.

"Time is going to fly by and I'll be back before you know it ok?" I nodded and clung to his waist as Ashton called his name. "It's time, Summer," he said, kissing my forehead. "I'll let you know when we land." I nodded again as he seperated himself from me.

I noticed Calum standing off to the side. "Calum," I whispered as I approached him and gave him a hug. "I can't believe I'm losing both of you."

"You're not losing us, Summer."

"It sure feels like it. Promise you'll call?"

"Yep. So much that you'll get annoyed with me," he laughed.

"Good, you better," I smiled. He could always make me smile. I was glad I became close with him over the last year. I don't know where I would be without him. I had been lost, but I think I would've been more lost if Calum hadn't been there. "You better go. Ashton looks annoyed."

Calum turned to look at him and saw that he was standing with his arms folded over his chest, fuming. "He definitely does. Probably thinks we're going to miss the plane." He gave me one last hug before jogging over to his friends.

I watched them until I could no longer see them. I sighed and it finally hit me that Michael was leaving for LA. I made my way outside to get a cab back home when someone grabbed onto my shoulder. I shrugged them off, thinking it was nothing and going on my way but they grabbed me again. I turned around and a couple of girls stood before me. I guessed they were about fourteen or fifteen. "Can I help you?" I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I just wanted to go home and curl up in bed.