"Hello?" His voice rang through my ears and I relaxed a bit.

"M-Michael?" I said quietly so my sobs wouldn't escape my mouth.

"Skylar?" He asked.

"Y-Yes." A choked sob left my mouth.

"What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"I-I.... My Step mom... She... I need you here, Michael." I ended up saying. 

"I'll be at your house in a few minutes."

"Wait.." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Go to the corner of my street. I'll be there waiting." I said. Martha couldn't see him pick me up here.

"Okay." He said before hanging up. I walked over to my closet and got my black flats out and slipped them on. I grabbed an old dictionary and walked to my window before opening it and slipping out carefully. My feet hit the ground and I slowly let it down but I put the dictionary in it to keep it open. I walked away and started my way down the street until I made it to the corner. I waited for a few minutes until Michael's black truck stopped in front of me. I wiped my eyes before opening the door and climbing in. 

"What's wrong, Skylar?" He asked as he took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers. All I could do was let out a strangled sob as more tears started streaming down my face.

"C-Can we just get away from that house first, please?" I asked. He ran his thumb over my hand reassuringly and lightly smiled.

"Of course." He drove away as we sat there in silence. After a few minutes I decided to speak up, "I can't leave."

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Remember how I said I would leave when I turned 18?" He nodded, "Well now turns out I can't" I sighed in frustration as I threw my head back. 

"Why?" He asked.

"S-She's pregnant..."

"So...." He urged me to go on, clearly not understanding the situation.

"So that means I can't leave cause I can't leave a baby girl with those people!" I yelled, "I'd be heartless if I let her abort a child."

"Oh." He said, "So what are you going to do?" 

"I guess i'll just have to give up my freedom for this baby. I really don't want to be the reason for someone else's death... again." I whispered the last part. I felt Michael pull over and park the car on the side of the road.

"You have never been the cause of someone's death, okay?" He said as he turned to look at me.

"Yes.... yes I have." I said quietly while turning away from him and looking out at the trees outside of the window. He grabbed my chin and turned me to look at him.

"No. Neither one of your parent's deaths were your fault, Skylar." He said quietly but sternly. I was tired of him trying to comfort me and tell me everything was alright and I was going to be okay because that wasn't true.

"Not everything is rainbows and happiness, Michael. There are times when things are our faults and we know it no matter how much people say they aren't. I want you to stop trying to comfort me. Nothing is going to be okay and I know it." I was beginning to get louder, "And you need to stop trying to change my opinion on myself because it's not going to work. I've been told things that I will never forget and here you are saying the complete opposite trying to make me believe you, well guess what? I don't!" 

"Skylar...." He whispered, unable to find the right words, "I don't know what I can say to make you feel better. I'm trying to make you forget and you just push me away. I've noticed you don't like to be touched either. When Calum hugged you, you didn't hug back. When Ashton had his hand on your back, you were tense. But when I hug you, you try to hug back, but you hug really awkwardly as if you don't know how to hug. I know you've had a rough time since your Dad died, but I truly want to make you happy. I want to bring back the Skylar that saw the good in people and wasn't so hurt by people to the point where what other people thought was the most important thing."