"So now to the point. It's obvious that  you are but the rules say I have to ask this every time I visit, are you happy here? Do they treat you nicely?" I wanted to scream out no. That they treat me like crap and I want my mother and father back, but I didn't want to spend the next four months in an orphanage. I pulled on the best fake smile I could muster.

"Of course i'm happy here. They treat me as if I were their own daughter."

"That's good. Do you plan on leaving this household once you turn 18?" He asked.

"Yes, I do. I want to be an independent woman." I said kindly.

"Okay, then that means you get to take control over your inheritance and use the money at your own will." He said, "You seem quite mature for your age and I think you can handle the money so i'll sign the papers myself once your birthday comes." He said. 

"Okay." I said as I smiled brightly. I tried to not seem so exited, but it was hard. 

"So, how do you feel about Skylar leaving." Mark asked Martha.

"Well I certainly don't want her to, I'm going to try everything I can to convince her to stay." She said in a nice tone. Damn, she was a good actress.

"Well if she changes her mind, she still can get access to her account. You will be cut off and she will inherit it all." He stated matter-of-factly. Martha pulled on a fake smile but I could tell she was furious on the inside. All she wants from me is my mother's money.

After Mark's visit was over we walked him to the door and exchanged our goodbyes.

"Idiot." Martha mumbled once she shut the door, "And you too! You think I'm just going to sit back and watch my gold mine walk away when I could keep her here."

"You can't keep me here forever! Mark said that once I turn 18 I inherit it all and I am an adult who won't be sent to an orphanage." I snapped. I began walking towards the hall when I heard her chuckle darkly.

"But what if I told you that I'm pregnant?" 

I froze. She was joking. She had to be joking. She was out of her mind if she thought she could take care of a baby!

"You're what?!" I screeched as I turned around. She smirked as she walked into the kitchen and came back out with something in her hands. It was an ultrasound.

"This is my baby." She sent me a sinister smile as she handed me the picture. It was definitely real and in the corner in typed font it read:

Girl

She was having a baby girl and I knew she wouldn't give a damn about her.

"I will abort her if you don't stay. Do you really want to kill a third life?" She said, "I mean, if it wasn't for your whining, your dad would be alive. Your mother was only thinking about you when she left Marcus, and now you have the opportunity to save a life. I think you should take it." 

"You wouldn't..." I whispered quietly.

"Oh, I would, believe me." She chuckled. I turned towards her and saw the devilish smirk plastered on her face. If she wasn't pregnant, I swear I would've slapped her right there.

"I HATE YOU!" I screeched before running into my room and locking the door behind me. I can't leave her with a child. I have to stay here. I jumped on to my bed and broke out into sobs. I was so close to leaving this damn house. So close to being away from that duo, and now I have to stay? I cried quietly for a few minutes before checking the time:

12:32 pm

It was almost one and I was nowhere near ready to go to Michael's house. I really didn't want to go, I wanted someone to hold me while I sobbed and Michael was the only person who knew my story. I grabbed my phone and dialed the number Michael had given me the night before.