Surprise for the Hybrid

Elijah and I set off, it took about 2 minutes to get into the actual city.  When we got there, I was shocked at how much our old beloved home had changed.  People were dancing in the streets, loud jazz music blared, and giddy, drunken shouts were heard.  Elijah scanned the French Quarter, eyes squinted.  "Who are you looking for, Elijah?"  I asked.  Suddenly, a tall, dark woman with curly black hair ushering a tour group into a voodoo shop walked over to us.  She placed her hands on her hips.  "Are you going to keep following me Elijah, or do you want to talk?"  Elijah looked at her, then back to me.  "Her."  He said.  "I was looking for her."

                                                                                                  *

So this woman Elijah needed was actually a witch, and her name was Sabine.  "You know me?" Elijah asked.  Sabine nodded.  "Of course.  You're the Mikaelsons. Your older brother Klaus puts fear into people all over the country.  Why'd you come back after all this time?"  I was shocked at how much this stranger knew about our family.  How did she know we came back and how did she know we left a long time ago?

 "Well, my brother was driven back here because he thinks a witch named Jane Anne Deveraux is plotting against him."  Elijah answered.   Sabine's expression turned sad.  "Well, if you're looking for Jane Anne, you might be a little late."    She led us down a couple dark alleyways until we got to a corner lit with candles.  People were surrounding around something in a circle.  The people parted and the thing in the middle was a dead body.  A woman's dead body.  "Is that-"    "Jane Anne?''  Sabine finished for me.  "Yes."  "What happened?"  I asked.    

"Marcel happened.  All these people are witches, Jane Anne was a witch and look, next to Jane Anne, there's her sister Sophie. She's also a witch."   I looked and saw a woman wearing a tank top and bandanna crying over the body.  Just then, shouts were heard and the witches gasped.  Vampires were jumping off house roofs and coming down into the little witch funeral.  "Well, well, what do we have here?''  A voice said from beneath the shadows.  I knew that voice.  It was Marcel's.    "Stay hidden. " Sabine whispered.  "Marcel doesn't need to know that you're in town yet."  With our vampire speed, Elijah and I went up to a balcony below the witches and Marcel.  

"W'e're just putting her to rest Marcel.  Is that so bad?"  Sophie said.  Marcel came closer to the body.  "Well, I just found out that my old friend Klaus MIkaelson is in town.  I don't know why he's here, or what he wants.  But I do know that he came because of Jane Anne.  Do you have any idea why, Sophie?"   Sophie shook her head.  "I would say ask her yourself, but you know, you killed her."   Marcel beckoned to three of his Nightwalker vampires.  "Take her."  He said.  The three guys came and lifted up Jane Ann'es body.  Sophie stood up.  "Marcel, no. Please!"  She screamed and two other vampires held her down.  ""Listen, just go back to Rousseou's,  make some of that famous gumbo, and we'll hold on to the body until you figure out why Klaus is here."  And Jane Anne, Marcel, and the Nightwalkers were gone.

                                                                                                     *

"I need to speak to Sophie."  Elijah walked quickly, and I had to run to keep up with his steps.  "Elijah she's grieving, leave her be."  We turned a corner and Elijah stopped.  I could tell he was listening for Sophie. "She's behind Rousseou's.  Come on."  We went behind there quickly and quietly, making sure Sophie couldn't hear us.  I pressed my back up against a brick wall, Elijah next to me.   I peeked my head around, and Sophie was lighting candles on a table and quietly praying.  Just then, two of Marcle's NIghtwalkers snuck behind Sophie.  "What are you doing?"  One of them asked rudely.  "I'm praying for my dead sister."  Sophie exclaimed just as curtly.   "Marcel wants to know what Klaus has to do with Jane Anne." The other one said.  "I don't know.  I guess Marcel lost his chance because she's dead now."  "Shes lying." Elijah whispered.  We Originals can also sense when a human or any other supernatural force is lying.   With vampire speed, Elijah went around the corner and ripped the Nightwalker's hearts out.  "Elijah!"  I whispered with gritted teeth.  Sophie quivered with fear.   Great.  Now Sophie's scared of him.  I can see how that can be possible, but Elijah really isn't that bad.  He was much kinder, caring, and more promising than Niklaus.  I had a very special relationship with Elijah.  Me and Rebekah are very close, since we are the only girls, but Elijah and I really share something special.  Him and I both were heartbroken once and we helped each other through it.