1.3 Pre-Battle

Comincia dall'inizio

He put his arms around my back and we stayed there for a minute or so before I let go

He put his arms around my back and we stayed there for a minute or so before I let go. I hit his chest lightly with the back of my hand. "What was that for?" He asked. "Scaring me." I answered. I noticed that the wolf under Aslan's hand was gone and all the creatures were running in one direction. Probably chasing him to get to where Edmund is. "Peter. Clean your sword." Aslan ordered.
***
Peter was kneeling with his sword in front of him, sticking into the dirt. Aslan touched both of his shoulders and said. "Rise, Sir Peter Wolfs-Bane, Knight of Narnia." Aslan announced and Peter stood up. Peter looked to us in shock and we were in shock too but they smiled and I grinned at him. He then sheathed his sword.
***
I was lying on the grass, watching the clouds, enjoying the peace and quiet that was rare in my life, when I sat up and looked around for no reason and saw Edmund talking to Aslan. I looked over at Peter's tent and saw him come out of it. He looked the other way at a centaur and then at Aslan and Edmund. I walked over to him. After a few seconds Susan and Lucy came out of their tent and looked over at Edmund and Aslan. They were really happy, I could tell just by looking at them. "Edmund!" Lucy yelled and went to run to him, but Peter stopped her. She looked confused but stopped. Edmund and Aslan looked over at us and Aslan gave Edmund a nod and Edmund started walking down the hill, towards us. Aslan followed him. They came to a stop in front of us. He couldn't look any of us in the eye. He just looked at the ground. "What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is passed." Aslan told us before he left. Edmund looked up at Peter slightly before looking back at the ground. After a second he looked back up again at all of us, only looking slightly though. "Hello." He said in a nervous voice. Lucy breathed out a few laughs of joy as she walked quickly forward and hugged him. He hugged her back. Susan went over and put her hand on his arm and when Lucy pulled away, hugged him as well. "Are you alright?" Susan asked. "I'm a little tired." He answered. "Get some sleep." Peter told him, nodding his head towards the tent. Edmund looked to the ground and passed us. As he did I whispered so only him and maybe Peter could hear. "It's good to have you back." He nodded slightly in thanks. A few seconds after Edmund passed, Peter turned around to face him and said. "And Edmund...." Edmund looked back at Peter. A smile came into Peter's face as he said. "Try not to wander off." Edmund smiled and continued walking to the tent. I smiled at Peter before I left to go practice fighting with both my half-sword and my powers at the same time.
***
The next day, it was lunch and Edmund, Susan, Lucy and I were around a table on the ground and we were eating some toast. Edmund was shoving his food in his mouth. "Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." Lucy said with a giggle. I smiled and continued eating. Edmund smiled too. Peter was leaning on the side of a large rock like 6 feet away from us. "I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." Peter told them. My face and heart dropped. Everyone else's face dropped too. Edmund turned to face Peter. "We're going home?" Susan asked. "You are." Peter answered, walking over. I moved closer to Susan so Peter could sit between me and Edmund. "I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind to help." My heart lifted a little but I was still upset. "But they need us. All five of us." Lucy argued. "Lucy, it's too dangerous." Peter told her. "You and Ali almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" Peter exclaimed. "Which is why we have to stay. I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." Edmund persuaded Peter. "I suppose that's it then." Susan said, getting up. She started to walk away. "Where are you going?" Peter asked. She grabbed her bow and arrows and turned back to face us. "To get in some practice." Susan answered and Lucy got up and joined her and they left. "We should get in some practice too. Edmund you up for it?" Peter asked. Edmund nodded and they started leaving but I called. "Edmund?" He look surprised when he turned back to look at me. "Can I talk to you? It'll only take one second." He looked at Peter who nodded, so he nodded and Peter went ahead a little and stopped to wait for Edmund, while Edmund came back. "Um... I know what you went through. Heck, I went through it for a hundred years, so if you ever need anyone to talk to, just know I'm here. You might not want to, seeing as you don't know me, but I won't judge you since I've been through the same thing. I know how hard it is to not talk to anyone about it." I told him, remembering the one hundred years that I lived with Jadis. He looked shocked at the beginning but then it turned to understanding and thanks. "I don't know if I'm ready, but thanks. If I do want to talk, I'll come get you." He told me with sincerity in his voice. "Anytime." I answered before he nodded and ran to join Peter.
***
I was told that my sister had demanded a meeting with Aslan. I was near the tent on the side of the main road thingie when she came into view. Lucy, Edmund, Peter and Susan came running up beside me. Peter was beside me, Edmund was beside him, Lucy was beside him and Susan was beside her. "Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!" The dwarf guy that was my sister's #1 servant yelled. I bunch of people from our camp were yelling things like.