We came the end of the ride. "You know," I said. "For a tunnel of love, there wasn't much kissing."

"Mmm. I'd have to concur."

I pulled her into a slow, but passionate kiss. We stayed that way until a pair of impatient hooves stomped on the concrete.

Boss, enough kissing. We've got a schedule. Let's go! Annabeth and I broke apart, blushing furiously.

"Oh be quiet Blackjack." I laughed, pulling Annabeth and I onto his back. "Just take us to our next destination."

He snorted and took off. Flying towards Florida. We arrived at the Island of the Sirens 6 minutes later. I hopped off and took Annabeth's hand. Blackjack flew off to another part of the island still grumbling about missed sugar cubes.

I led Annabeth to the cove where I stopped her from becoming Siren food. Thankfully, the sirens had left. Because of the creation of the Bermuda Triangle story, every mortal stayed away, decreasing their food supply. We walked along the sandy cove holding hands.

I stopped. "Hey, Annabeth. Remember when you wanted to hear the sirens?"

She looked down. "Yeah. Pretty stupid of me right?"

I smiled. "Kind of. But I've always wanted to know. Why?"

She looked thoughtful. "I guess I wanted to be smarter. To get more recognition from my mom. To feel special. I mean, how many people can say they've listened to the sirens and survived."

"Odysseus?"

She looked at me surprised. "You were actually paying attention to me when I read that to you?"

"Yeah." I locked my eyes with hers. "And Annabeth. It doesn't matter if you're your mom's favorite."

"I suppose you're right. She probably moved onto Malcolm when I got kicked out." She laughed bitterly.

I shook my head. "No. I mean, it doesn't matter if you're the most special in her eyes."

She looked suspicious. "Why?"

"Because you'll always be the best in mine." With that I wrapped my arms around her waist and drew her into a kiss.

We were interrupted by a disgruntled snort. We broke apart to an exasperated looking Pegasus.

Yo boss. Do you always have to be kissing her when I show up!? I mean seriously! Too much PDA for this guy!

I laughed. "Oh, be quiet Blackjack. You'll understand once you find a nice mare to settle down with. And why do you always sneak up on us when we're kissing?"

He snorted. Oh please. No girl can handle the mighty Blackjack. And I guess it's just my impeccable timing.

"Ego much? Just take us to the places I told you about." I said, rolling my eyes. 

Fine, fine. You're so demanding. He waited until we were safely on his back and then flapped his wings and took off.

We neared Rome in half an hour thanks to a speed boost given to him by Chaos. He flew close to the spot where Annabeth and I had our last meal before she went off with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn... a.k.a Tiberius and Rhea Silvia. He hovered near the railing, as close as possible without clipping his wing. Blackjack let us off and landed heavily next to us. I reached over to pet his mane when I realized how sweaty and out of breath he was. "Blackjack you okay?"

Fine boss. He huffed. Just gotta catch my breath. Did you see that landing boss? Pretty sweet huh?

I frowned. "Go home Blackjack and eat some hay. Don't kill yourself getting there. We'll find a ride back home."