Chapter I

There is this one word. This word that I have been dying for. This word that would change my way of thinking. This word can only be used for happiness. This word that I would like to hear for myself one day is love.

I was young when I found out the truth. The truth that no one loved me. My own uncle told me. The one I actually thought had loved me. My mother died when I was born. I was small and frail, a premature baby. I had two older siblings.

 People said we acted alike, but I knew I was different. I was short for my age. I was trained by my father instead of going to school like other kids.  I also talked different, but there was something else. Something more to me than just being one of the sand siblings. Something that was inside myself that was so sinister to mankind that I sometimes I couldn't control it.

I have a spirit. A spirit that is locked up within me. I want to get it out, but I can't. It's embedded in me. It's name is Shukaku, or as everyone calls it, the one tailed Shukaku. Everyone is scared of me. It's not my fault, Shukaku has a blood lust. When I give him blood, he gives me power.

 I have the power to manipulate sand. I have the power to levitate it at my own will. It defends me from the outside world. I can also use it to attack people. Sometimes I lose control. I didn't mean to kill them. Shukaku kills them, he needs to kill them. He needs to to survive.

Everyone's afraid of me. Everyone distance themselves from me. I don't know why. I'm friendly and polite, nicer than my siblings. I hate feeling alone. I sometimes lie awake in my room, wondering if anyone will become my friend.  Will someone be my friend? I guess I will never know.