Chapter 1

A/N  Finally Picked up the corage to upload something. Please comment, fan, let me know what you like/ dislike. Thank you.

“Nakita we need to talk” my father called up the stairs. Jesus can’t this big conversation wait it’s like 7 o clock on a Saturday morning! They have been going on about some big conversation we need to have for days now. It’s not like I will get a say in so they might as well have it by themselves and tell me the outcome when they are done. Obviously I have done something wrong, again. Nothing new about here. No matter what I do or how hard I try it’s just not good enough. So I gave up trying one day. My sister Kayleigh is perfect; she is the child any wealthy middle class family would dream of. I can’t help it that my instincts kick in and I forget to think sometimes. Ok admittedly sometimes its kinda deliberate, like dating Johnny newton. Ha their faces were classic when I brought him home. Wish I had taken a picture. But putting Brianna in accident and emergency was an accident, sort of. It’s not my fault she is a little more delicate than I thought. How was I supposed to know her nose would break that easy?

I traipsed down stairs noisily, their whispered conversation breaking off suddenly. Their faces answered my question when I entered the kitchen; yep they were talking about me. I slouched in a chair waiting for the onslaught. My father started.

“We got a letter a few days ago, apparently you have a scholarship at St Josephine’s academy for the gifted and talented. We think you should attend, it’s umm . . . well it seems like it has facilities for people like you” he said fidgeting with the envelope in his hands.

 What the fuck! I haven’t even applied for some stupid school. And what the hell does he mean by for people like me? There is nothing wrong with me! “What do you mean you’re sending me to some retard school?!” I shouted furious. What’s wrong with these people! What’s wrong with everyone on this whole frickin planet! Its like am I some sort of alien, is that why they don’t get me? No it’s not me who is wired up wrong it’s them, all of them. I'm the normal one they just don’t get me.  “Why the hell should I wanna go to some school for retards!” I shouted jumping up and preparing to do one of my famous dramatic exists.

“Nakita don’t be so rood! And it’s not for retards it just seems better suited for you than where you are now!” my mother said soothingly.

“So it ain't for normal people is it or you wouldn’t have said that!” I shouted shocked of what they thought of me.

“Look to be honest we have made the decision and you are going. I'm sick of wasting good money on you being educated privately when you just throw it back in our faces! Everything is arranged and paid for, it’s very economical” my father said twisting the last word.

“Great I'm being shipped off to some school for freaks because they offered a good price! Thanks a lot! You could just send me to a public school, I never asked to go to a private school in the first place” I screamed preparing to storm from the room.

 “It’s not for retards sweetheart it’s for . . . people who are different that’s all” my mother said trying to placate me.

“Oh I'm sorry it’s not for retards it’s for it’s for freaks!” I shouted my anger reaching its peak.

“I'm not sending you, they contacted me, they said they had seen your school report and thought you needed somewhere better suited for your needs and offered you a place. Its free, your boarding and books and everything” she said trying to keep the enthusiasm out of her voice and failing miserably.

“So you have had me put on some register for weirdoes! Thanks a fucking lot!” I screamed punching the wall in frustration before turning to leave.

“We are driving you up on Monday” my father called at my retreating back.

Thanks a lot; I really do love my parents, not! Arghh! They are even cutting my summer short; I don’t go back for another two weeks yet. How unfair is that!

After a few hours of tantruming and destroying most of the furniture I settled into a sullen sulk refusing to talk to anyone. It’s not like I will miss them anyway. And I sure as hell have no friends to say good bye to.