19.

I woke up in the dark hallway with a middle aged man laying on my lap. I slip to the left to get him off me and onto the ground. I rubbed the crust off my eyes and headed to the kitchen to feed the monster growling in my stomach. I frantically search for any left overs but none. I growl under my breath and search the cabinets for some bread to make some good old toast.

I slid the two pieces of bread into the used up, rusty toaster and pushed it down. I waved my hands over the heat the toaster produced and closed my eyes to the warmth. I checked the clock that read 8:14 a.m. The toast pops up and I grab the butter and make my breakfast. I grab a napkin and head up stairs. I had this giddy feeling, I was just so happy and I wanted to stay like this forever. I throw on some old jeans and my red sweater and run back down stairs.

I shake dad until he wakes up. He opens his eyes quick and sucks up the drool that was flowing down his lips. He squinted his eye at the light and looked up at me and smiled. "I'm going to visit Lani today, I just wanted to let you know before you start freaking out about where I am again." I laugh lightly. He suddenly scowls at me.

"No, y-you can't leave me. Please you can't go you're all I have left I-" he says sobbingly. I crouch down and run his shoulder. "I'm not leaving you I'm coming back. I will never leave you. I promise." I smile. He touches my hand and smiles back as he itches at the monitor on his ankle. "Be safe. I won't be going anywhere." He jokes. Everything was getting better, I could feel it. I was in a better mood, dad stopped drinking, Lani is safe, I have friends, I have.. Grayson.

I make my way to Reily's and bang on the old creaky door that was freshly spray painted purple. I wipe the paint on my pants and waiting for someone to answer. A bulgy man answers the door wearing nothing but a towel and a tooth brush in his mouth. " 'sup?" He smirks I roll my eyes and head inside.
"LANI?!" I yell, pulling on the blankets and clothes on the floor just in case she fell asleep under neath them because every time she goes partying the first available spot she sees is where she ends up sleeping.

I see her half naked on the couch with a barely eaten piece of pizza in her hand. I shield my eyes and throw the stray sleeping bag at her to cover up her exposed parts. "t...." she slurs. Her eyes were barely open and she was laughing at herself. She was either drunk or high. Which didn't surprise me much.
"Come on you said we would hang today, you would show me what you and Reils did with the place." I say disgustingly as I eye the home that looked like a whore house.

"Yeah... about that.. can we postpone? Ya girl got a massive hangover." She laughs as she covers her head with her hand. The man walks over to her and sits beside her rubbing her thighs. I guess that she was doing last night. "It's cool, I'll just go hang with some new friends I guess." I said as I stepped over the trash to get back to the door. Lani sits up confused. "Wait.. w-w did you just say friends? When did you get friends?"

"When you left and I tried to kill myself ."
she begins to laugh as if it were a joke. I reach for the door that was suddenly busted open by Reily with two bags full of booze. I scowl at all of them and stomp out. I knew the only thing that could me me happy right now was Grayson.