Toy Soldiers

Once upon a time, Josh decided to join the evil Carolina and become her king. He was pretty powerful, getting everything he had ever wanted. But after a while Josh and his friends, Matt, Mike and Ian were in danger.

Carolina had seemed nice enough at first, always sweet to her new king and his friends. But, slowly, she began to steal their hearts, as she had done to the rest of Toyland.

Josh, Matt, Mike and Ian had been totally unsuspecting the whole time. Until one day, she just reached out and did it, taking their hearts, and leaving them defenceless.

Then, she tied Josh and his friends up, locking them away in the factory tower that she used as a throne room.

“Why did you do it?” Josh asked, looking up at the woman he had loved and trusted, his blue eyes holding a hint of sadness.

She smiled at him. It was an evil smile. “Because, my dear Josh, when you first got here, people were saying that they thought maybe you could save this pathetic little land, and I couldn’t let anything like that happen, now could I?”

Josh felt like she had slapped him. “Is that the only reason you married me? Pretended to love me? So that you could keep this little reign of terror up?”

She smiled again, but didn’t say anything, letting the look speak for her. Then she walked away, leaving Josh, speechless, watching as she locked the door behind her, leaving them stuck in the room.

Once she was gone, Josh took a deep breath and tried to process everything he’d learned in the past few minutes.

Ok, so Carolina had broken and stolen his heart, he’d been betrayed by his own wife, and he was supposed to be the saviour of Toyland. He took another breath, thinking about what he should do now.

Josh was pulled back to reality by Matt, who was tied to Josh, and trying with all his strength not to be.

Josh just looked at Mike and Ian who were tied together on the other side of the room.

Suddenly, he had a plan.

It took them an hour, but since the ropes had been tied kind of loosely, after a lot of thrashing around, Josh and Matt got their ropes loose enough to free themselves. Then they untied Mike and Ian.

After that, they took all the rope they had acquired and tied it all together. Then they tied one end tightly around Josh’s hips, and all held onto the other end.

They slowly lowered Josh out the window, which Carolina had never seemed to notice was a pretty good escape route.

Once Josh hit the ground, he knew exactly what to do. He went straight to the Original King, who had been outcast by Carolina. If anyone knew what to do to stop Carolina, it would be him.

The Outcast King told Josh exactly what to do. He had to find the king’s adopted daughter, Porcelain. She had half of the key to the chest where Carolina kept all the things she stole.

The only problem was that nobody had seen Porcelain in a very long time and had no idea where to start the search for her.

It might not have been so bad, Josh didn’t mind wandering around aimlessly for as long as it took to find her, but he was worried about Carolina finding out that he was gone and hunting him down before he could find Porcelain.

Luckily, it didn’t take too long. Josh fell asleep in a meadow the night after he talked to the king. When he woke up, he saw a girl, around his age, leaning against the trunk of a tree. She wasn’t a toy, but a person, like him. She was beautiful and dangerous. Just looking at her, Josh knew he had found Porcelain.