Maybe - 3

"Hey Bro, may trabaho ka today?" Ali came by the alley where Basti parked his motorbike before work.

Basti stayed on and handed him a spare helmet. "Yea, Bro. I just came by to get you. While Iris is working, I figured you'd wanna come by on one of the tours with me. So you can see Athens. O ano? Game?"

Ali put on the helmet, "Game."

He got behind Basti and the two headed off to Pedion Areos, the largest public park in Athens. Basti had told the travel agency to tell the tourists to meet there and they would make their way out to the Parthenon.

When they arrived at the travel agency, they rented two bikes and met up with a group of American tourists who were touring around the Mediterranean. Basti had a sense of professionalism with him, but you could easily relax around him with his attire and demeanor. What Ali noticed most was that he was very passionate about Greece.

They biked around all day, making stops in front of little historical landmarks like the Elliniko Kinovoulio (Greek Parliament) and going through the National Garden. When they arrived to Syntagma Square, the Acropolis was within reach and Ali couldn't help but feel like he was in a dream.

Basti was busy talking with the other tourists and leading them through the high columns to the highest point. It was nearing sunset and this was Basti's favorite thing: Seeing everyone's faces when they see the sunset across the Greek horizon. He took his camera out and started snapping shots of his guests' faces. He turned around and found Ali lost deep in thought.

He took some pictures of his friend, wondering if he was thinking about Iris. That's when it dawned on him that he should take Iris on this tour with him when she had time. She would've probably traveled around Athens on her free time, but knowing what he knew about her, she probably just saw and heard about the places from her co-workers.

Thinking about taking pictures of Iris for his photography portfolio, Ali had come up and snapped him out of his reverie.

"Bro... may problema ka?"

Basti looked around at the tourists heading back to them and shook his head. "Nah, bro. I'm fine... just thinking about some new portrait ideas is all."

Basti shook his head once more because, once again, Iris had managed to cloud his thoughts. Ever since that night he helped her back to her apartment, he couldn't get her off his mind and he didn't know why. Iris was nice and all, but she was also the biggest killjoy he knew. She barely let loose and, even if he was attracted to her, she was in love with their best friend.

"Alright everyone, let's return the bikes to the agency branch near here and that will conclude the tour for today. It is 6:12 PM right now and you all are probably excited for your reservations at Strofi Tavern. I hope you all enjoyed today and enjoy the rest of your stay. Yamas!"

Everyone clapped at Basti and the old American ladies came up to kiss him on the cheek. Ali thought he was probably used to it, because Basti wasn't necessarily modest with his looks. The way he wore his shirt meant that he was aware of how attractive he was.

"So where do you wanna eat?" Basti asked, when he was finally free of the Americans.

Ali looked around at where they were. All the high end restaurants were strategically placed here so it could attract high paying tourists. He shrugged, but knew that he needed any type of solid substance in his stomach soon.

"Nothing too fancy. Maybe just street food... Gyros?" looking around for a cart.

Basti shook his head, knowing what he was looking for. "Not here bro." He led Ali to a nearby parking lot, where apparently, Basti's co-worker had brought his bike to and they both got on.