Poison Paradise

Victor crept down the hall of the abandoned house stealthily, listening for the slightest noise. One hand was on his taser, the other on his flamethrower. It was his first mission alone, and he didn't want to mess it up.

A terrified looking blonde girl sprinted towards him, blue eyes wide in fear.

"What the hell is this place?"

"Somewhere you really shouldn't be." Victor replied, fingers twitching on his taser. She really did seem like a human girl, but you could never be too sure.

"There are people in there," the girl shuddered, "drinking blood. It's like some sick horror movie."

His hand went slowly away from his taser, but he kept it at a close distance, just in case.

"Can you show me where these people are?" he asked.

She looked up at him with wide blue eyes. Beautiful blue eyes. "Why would you want to go near those creeps? You'll die!"

Victor lifted his taser with one hand. He smiled at the girl slowly. "Don't worry about me. I came prepared."

Her eyes seemed to soften at this, as she explained. "They were down a long hallway, the farthest door on the right." She gestured to the long hallway to their left. "Follow me, officer." she said jokingly, and Victor let out a chuckle.

"I'm Victor Callahan."

"Arielle Bennett. Nice to meet you." She gave Victor a dazzling smile, and they shook hands. Victor followed her down the dark hallway, noticing her hands were shaking slightly. He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "It's gonna be okay, Arielle."

There was a loud bang, and in an instant, the hall was filled with vampires. The Starved. The vampires that had rejected their natures for too long, and been reduced to little more than ravenous beasts. For too long they had starved themselves of blood. They were unable to quench the thirst they were desperate to satisfy.

One pushed Arielle to the wall and started to lap at her neck hungrily. Yet she didn't seem to move, or want to.

Victor ripped his flamethrower from his belt, and began to shoot flames at the Starved, reducing them into piles of ashes with moments. Arielle was still pressed to the wall. He used the flamethrower as a bat, subduing the remaining few vampires with a few quick swings.

He made his way towards Arielle, swinging his flamethrower at the one who lunged for her neck, killing the creature instantly.

He put his back to her, making sure that all the Starved were dead. He turned to Arielle, who was now curled up in a fetal position against the wall.

"Are you alright?"

Arielle slowly lifted up her head. "Fine. A little traumatized, is all. What was that?"

Victor contemplated telling her what they really were. After all she just went through, she deserved the truth. Plus, he didn't think she would believe him if she said they were cannibal rapists. Well, it was semi-believable, at least. He crouched down to her level, extending his hand to take hers. They both stood up and Victor looked deep into her blue eyes, not letting go of her hand. "Those people, if you can even call them that, were vampires."

"Why weren't they sparkling then?" she smiled.

"Because Stephanie Meyer was writing about fairies, not vampires. I think Edward Cullen is secretely the son of Tinkerbell." Victor replied with a joking smile, winking as he did so.

"Very funny. So they were real vampires?"

"Definitely." Victor answered.

"So you saved my life?" Arielle's eyes were shining.

Victor shrugged. "I guess so."

"Thank you." Arielle wrapped her arms around his neck.

"What are you-" Victor was cut off by Arielle's lips on his. Oh.

Arielle's lips parted slightly, and Victor's tongue slipped into her mouth, skimming across her teeth. They were unnaturally sharp.

Victor pulled away instantly, staring at Arielle's eyes, now a startling blood red.

Arielle noticed Victor's shocked look, and her face turned sad.

"I can explain!" Arielle began, but was cut off. "This isn't what it looks like!" she tried again.

"There's nothing to explain, vampire." Victor grabbed his taser and pressed it sharply into her stomach. Her body jolted and she fell to the floor, her body spasming as she hit the ground.

Victor sprinted out of the room, once or twice looking back at her body, But he kept running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hey hey, what did you think of the first chapter, guys? You likey?

Comment, and vote, and fan!!!!!!

What do you think is gonna happen to Arielle? Comment and tell us your predictions! Bye!!

~Andromeda and Pandora :D