Chapter 7

You curled your body into a ball. It was currently the middle of the night and extremely cold. You shivered as cold air flowed in from the vents in the floor. You shifted your position on the floor trying to get comfortable. Earlier Takeo had left the apartment not saying where he was going. He had been gone for hours. Night had come quickly and so did the cold. You shook slightly and your teeth chattered as your tried to keep as much warmth as you could. Suddenly the sound of an opening door caught your attention.

"Giiiiirly~!!" A slurred voice called followed by muffled chuckles. Unsteady footsteps made its way towards the bedroom door. The door opened to reveal Takeo. He had a lazy smile on his face and his eyes were half lidded. His cheeks were a bright red and you could smell the stench of alcohol emitting from his even though he was on the other side of the room. No doubt he was drunk. He made his way over to you with a grin and got on his knees in front of your curled up form. "Hi~" He said.

"H-Hi..." You said mildly confused. You held your arms around yourself still shaking from the coldness. Takeo let out a small giggle.

"Aww" He said. "You're shaking. What's wrong?" You stared at him in silence completely bewildered. Takeo looked at you with a drunken smile for a long while before laughing. "Aww are you cold? I don't blame you. It is pretty chilly over here." After he said that he lifted you off the ground, bridal style, causing you to yelp.

"T-Takeo?!" You asked frantically. He shushed you with a giggle.

"Oh calm down Girly~" He said still holding his smile. "I'm just gonna take you over to the bed. You'll be warmer over there and it's more comfortable." You sat tense in his arms as he took you over to the bed. He clumsily plopped you onto the mattress and watched as you quickly shuffled to the other side of the bed. He giggled. "You're silly." He slurred. "You act like I'm gonna do something." You just stared at him with a wary expression. He chuckled and crawled into the bed laying on his stomach. His arms reached out and grabbed you by the shoulders pulling you into his chest. He rested his chin on your head and hummed happily as you froze in his embrace. "See~? I'm not doing anything." He giggled.

"T-Takeo? Can you l-let go please?" You asked. His grip around you tightened.

"Nah." He said grinning. "I'll get lonely. Plus do you really wanna be on that cold floor again?" You sighed and reluctantly shook your head not wanting to go back to the floor. You had to admit it was much warmer on the bed than the floor. Takeo chuckled at your answer. "Y'know you're the strangest person I've ever taken hostage." He sighed suddenly.

"H-How so...?" You asked curiously.

"You're the first person I couldn't kill." He giggled. "I'll let you in on a liiittle secret. You've been on my mind constantly~."

"W-Why...?"

"I honestly don't know." Takeo chuckled. "It's weird. I never really thought this much about one of my victims before."

"Th-That's..." You started to speak but Takeo placed a finger over your lips with a smile.

"I wasn't finished~. It's rude to interrupt people you know. But it's okay. I forgive you~." He said. He stared at you for a while with a sleepy expression. "Anyways. As I was saying, I've not only been thinking about you, I've also been...worrying...about you." His grip on you tightened even more.

"Worrying?" You asked surprised.

"Yeah~. Like when I got angry at you for looking through my photo album. I thought you were mad at me...and that made me upset for some reason..." He sighed before nuzzling his nose against your hair.

"I-I'm sorry about that..." You said guiltily.

"Ah don't be~. It just kinda made me a bit angry."

"Why...?"

"Because it reminded me of my parents. I've tried really hard to forget about them and seeing the album and pictures made me really mad." He inhaled deeply breathing in your scent which you found really strange but brushed it off as drunken actions.

"Did something happen to them?" You asked quietly. You felt Takeo nod.

"They died in a fire." He said in a matter-of-fact voice. "But what's really ironic is..." He leaned in close towards your ear. "Im the one that started it." He whispered. Your eyes widened and you shot backwards out of his arms. He stared at you with a confused expression. "What's wrong?"

"Why would you do something like that?!" You asked shuffling away from him.

"They deserved it. Now come back over here~." He said latching onto your arm and pulling you into another hug. You struggled against it this time but he held you tightly.

"What would make you ever even consider doing something that horrible?" You asked trying to get out of his arms.

"Weeell~. I came from a really rich family. I was gonna inherit our estate and follow in my fathers footsteps of taking over the family business. But my parents made me totally dedicate myself to my studies. No time for friends. No time for fun. I was okay with this for a while but when I was twelve I made a friend. He was great. We played in secret when my parents thought I was studying and everything. But my parents found out. They had connections and they made his family move...far away. I never saw him again. I got so angry...I hated them for taking away my only source of an actual childhood. So the night he left us I tied my parents up in bed while they were sleeping... I gathered my supplies for living. Money, food...and I don't know why but I took the album too. I went out to our garage and found a can of gasoline. I poured it over their room and trailed a line all the way to the door then I set it on fire. I watched the house light up in flames with a smile. Then I left. I left without looking back." By the time he was done with his story he was chuckling softly and hugging you almost so tight that you couldn't breathe. You tried desperately to get out of his hold but he just laughed at you.

"Takeo! Let me go!" You said frantically.

"Shhh just calm down. It's okay." He yawned after finishing his sentence. "Oh. Well I guess I'm getting tired. I bet you're tired too. Why don't we go to bed, yeah? Now stop your struggling and just relax~. Go to sleep. And don't try to get out of my hold while I'm asleep or I just might get angry~." He yawned again. "Night Girly." He sighed before drifting off. You were shaking violently in his grip as you stared up at him with wide eyes.

My situation is getting worse and worse by the second!