Letter 4

Letter 4

Dear Kira,

I remember the day you came into the studio. I had never seen you before, but you acted like you owned the place. You glared at me and shoved my brand new pointe shoes on the floor.

They hit the floor so hard they cracked. I had to lie to my Mom and Abby and said that I dropped them. Nobody knew that you were the one who cracked them. Kenzie even called me irresponsible.

Turns out you had been the star dancer at your old studio. I didn't understand why. You were horrible. But Kenzie, being the girl who loved everyone, said she saw your 'talent' and told me to stop being rude to you.

You and Kenzie started talking more and more each day. It seemed like every time she wasn't dancing or with you, she would be texting away to you. She stopped doing stuff with me.

Kenzie was practically the only person who kept me strong, but I lost her to you. You made her rude and sassy. She started skipping dance and her grades fell because you convinced her that school didn't matter.

One day Kenzie went to school, stood up on the table, and announced that I cut. I remember it perfectly.

She stood up, and said she had major gossip. Then she yelled it out.

All the popular girls stared at her. They were thirsty for gossip. She said that I was a horrible friend and that I broke my own pointe shoes to get you in trouble. She said that I did extra work to become the teacher's pet. She said the teacher's gave me the test answers for me to memorize so I could get an A. She said I slept with half the boys in the grade.

She said so many means things that I couldn't count. I even remember the populars pulled out their pink iPhone 5's and wrote every single word down.

So many mean, rude lies. I know you paid Kenzie because she came home with a new iPhone case. I knew she had been broke, but I didn't say anything about it. When my Mom asked how my day was, I said good. Kenzie gave me a strange look but I didn't say anything.

Kira, you changed my little sister into a monster. A monster that couldn't be changed back. I know she won't realize how much of a monster you are. She never will, because you mesmerized her into thinking I was bad and you were good.

You called me fat, ugly, worthless, and so many other things that would make me want to end my life as I write this. But this letter is already written. I'm already dead because of people like you.

Sincerely,

Madison.

Kira ran down the driveway as she watched the mail man drive away. She had just ordered a new pair of Capezio custom made jazz shoes for her new solo, and she wanted to dance with them before she had to go to Maddie's funeral. She didn't really want to go, but she had to go because Kenzie begged her.

She opened up the mailbox and pulled out the envelopes. The package wasn't there. She sighed, shut the metal box, and ran back up the driveway. She went back inside and laid the envelopes across the kitchen counter. Most of it was bills and things for her parents.

Except for a yellow envelope. There was no return address, except for Kira's name and her address. She shrugged and ripped the envelope open. Then she began to read. It was a hand written note.

She read until the end. Tears brimmed her eyes. "I killed Maddie," She whispered. She bit her lip and looked down at the paper. She was one of the reasons Maddie Ziegler was dead.

"I'm sorry, Maddie," She whispered. She looked down at her black t-shirt and leggings. She needed to look nice. It would make up .2% of what she did. She ran upstairs and hid the letter under the mattress. She changed into a black dress and black heels. She curled her hair and added a black flower clip.

She added a little makeup, grabbed her phone, and left. The funeral home was close to her home, so she walked. She needed to see Maddie alone. She ran to the funeral home and went in. The only person was the priest who was getting ready.

She tiptoed quietly into the visiting room. Maddie's black coffin was decorated with flowers. She peeked inside. Maddie was dressed in a light blue dress and white sandals. She looked pale. Lifeless. And Kira didn't like it.

Once again, tears filled Kira's eyes. Maddie's hair was placed over the side of her head, where she had shot herself. Kira put her hand on top of Maddie's lifeless, cold one. "I'm sorry," She whispered. "I'm sorry for breaking your pointe shoes. I'm sorry for stealing Kenzie. I'm sorry for making Kenzie say those things."

Tears were now flowing freely. "I didn't mean it. I was just.. Jealous! You had the perfect life that I've always wanted. You had a little sister. Amazing dance skills. You dated Josh Hyland. You had everything, Maddie. I wish you would've told me what I did."

She fell to the floor, sobbing. "I'm so sorry!"

-

Well... That was intense. This chapter was different. I'll maybe add the people reading their letters and stuff. This chapter was sad, and I cried writing it. I hope it makes for the late updates. But this is by far my favorite chapter. Comment thoughts below.

10 comments and 20 votes for next letter/chapter.