Part of Part 1

It’s taking me a very long time to get used to this place. I haven’t been here since the fourth grade. After school finished, I travelled to New York with my cousins, simply for the acting opportunities. I stayed there until I was about 15, then we had to go back to Nebraska. I am originally from there, my mom moved us around a lot when I was little, but we ended up staying close to this little town called North Bend. I was surprised to learn she had even rented a house in town near the grade school. I thought I had to live with her again, but they gave me a choice and I decided to stay with my cousins in Fremont. I am a senior at North Bend Central High School. You may not realize it, but there are a ton of little groups here; the populars, the country kids, the creepy outcasts, and your basic everyday rejects. I would have to say, I belong to the reject group. If anyone knew what happens at times, I think I would have to stay away from this place forever...thankfully nobody knows for the time being.

There are a bunch of people I have gotten to know. There are these two friends of mine who are the same short height and their names even sound alike, Jenny and Penny. Penny has black hair and, let’s just says she likes boys a lot. Meanwhile Jenny had blond hair and she doesn’t like boys so much. Also there is Michelle: she is annoying to a lot of people, but I love her. She had brown hair with little blond streaks, and she is very tall. There are a bunch of people whom I am friends with, but I don’t have room to say them all. Me, I am roughly 5”7 and I have red hair, blue eyes and I am somewhat wacky.

School finally gets over for fall break, so I head out to my car ASAP. I notice as I am climbing into my yellow mustang that my older sister has parked next to me with her little gray piece of crap car. I laugh and crank up my mix CD and peel out of the parking lot.

I get to Fremont in about 10 minutes, and I pull into the driveway of my cousins’ house. I go inside and there are a bunch of screaming girls everywhere. I groan, forgetting that my cousins Alyssa and Rose are having their Halloween party tonight. That means tons of pizza, tons of soda, screaming seventh grade girls, and scary movies..Oh joy! Just then, Rose runs in, sees me, and yells a quick, “Hi!!” before running downstairs. My room is downstairs; I have a headache today and all I want to do is lay down, but since I can’t do that, I will down a bunch ADVIL and be good. I toss my backpack down the laundry-shoot, so I can just grab it later.

I step over the baby gate and a little toddler girl sees me and runs over, wanting to be picked up. Her name is Annie and she is the sweetest baby ever; she is a never ending bundle of silliness and joy. Her twin brother, Jack, is the exact opposite: he has his good days, but usually he is just a cranky little monster. He has been getting better now that he is talking more, so that’s good. I see their mom, my cousin Vanessa, sitting on the couch with a Diet Mountain Dew in hand. She sees the tired and grumpy expression on my face and gets concerned.

“How was school today?” she asked.

“It was a day.” I breathe, “Same old narrow minded people and that one girl, BreAnna,

is being a bitch like always to me.”

“I don’t like that language, and she is probably just jealous,” she says.

“Of what?” I scoff. She starts to reply, but Jack demands her attention, so I grab Annie and plop down on the couch. Soon, the crowd of screaming girls demand food. So Vanessa and I put in the pizzas we bought from Wal-Mart.

After devouring the pizzas and the soda, they are ready to get scared. Vanessa rented the original Friday the 13th. I wasn’t in the mood, so I just sat there and didn’t really pay attention, but there was this one super happy girl in the movie whom I knew would die, just because she was so perky.

So when she did, I simply said, “I knew it, you stupid lady! Your ‘over-perkiness’ got you killed.”

All the girls are laughing, but then screaming because Vanessa’s husband, my cousin John, had dug out a Jason mask and slowly peered around the corner and said boo. My head hurt too badly to finish the movie, so I went downstairs, grabbed my backpack and went into my room. I lay down for a while, but soon the girls run downstairs, screaming still, so I just decide to take a shower, hoping the hot water would ease my headache. I just needed to relax.