20th chapter: Feelings ablaze

Start from the beginning

"I just did" I thought letting out a small sigh but then smiling back at Mia.

"I hope so too."

Despite my rather obvious declaration Mia hadn't understood I was talking about her but it didn't matter because one day I'd make sure I told her straight and clear the words I love you.

"Say, Reyen." she called and I met her gaze once again. "When did you know you loved her?"

"I guess I just listened to my feelings, I listened to my heart. I know it seems cliche but that's how it works."

"Listened to your feelings..." repeating my words Mia muttered falling silent.

"Yes." I nodded, somehow I knew I was going to regret asking the moment the words came out of my mouth but at the same time I was dying to know her answer." What do your feelings tell you?"

Mia placed her right hand over her heart and closed her eyes for a brief moment, then as if troubled by what she had found out, she looked at me.

"I think I'm starting to fall for Heart."

Heart's PoV

"Then I will be going now, Mr. Carter." I mentioned closing the door and stretching my arms in the air.

These meeting were supposed to have finished but somehow the teacher was convinced I still wasn't well integrated with the class and kept calling me to discuss methods that could help me; countless times I had told him I was doing great but he kept on insisting that was not what he had been told however I couldn't find a reason for someone to be passing on false information just to have me under the close watch of the teacher. Really, what was the point?

"I hope I can count on you in the future." as soon as I turned left at the end of the hallway I heard Jeremy say to a boy at the end of the stairs.

"Hey there!" I greeted and Jeremy jumped taken aback by my presence.

"Richard."

My name was said in such a ferocity way that left me speechless. Last time he had been extremely nice to me, that is if I ignored the incident in the classroom with Mia, so I didn't know why he was mad.

"Is he alright?" shifting my gaze to the boy behind him who had not moved a single muscle, I asked.

"Everything's fine, right?" patting the boy's shoulder, Jeremy stated and the boy nodded leaving right away.

There was something off about the kid but even more about Jeremy, however I couldn't quite put my finger on it; while staring at me Jeremy composed his tie that was loosen up and that was when I saw the bracelet with a dark cross on his left wrist. With a shot of energy running through my veins I quickly approached him and grabbed his wrist exposing the bracelet.

"Nice bracelet you have there." I exclaimed warily.

"You think? I bought it on one of those street vendors you see everywhere." he mentioned calmly.

"Really? Then it must have been a very talented person, to make such fine accessory."

"You like it that much?" with a smirk Jeremy countered. "Unfortunately I can't give it to you, it was a present from me to myself for obtaining maximum score on the English Literature test, you know, it helps keep the motivation up." he mentioned and I tighten my grasp around his wrist however he didn't even flinch, instead he put on a mocking grin. "Still, I never thought of you as someone interested in cheap accessory."

"That is the fun part of meeting new people, like a treasure hunt, you keep digging until you find all of the treasure." I stated never once breaking eye contact.