King looked over at his son as he slowed down the truck behind a few cars at the red light. He wanted to laugh so badly at his son's choice of words. King knew exactly what Jacob was doing and it wasn't about to work. He think he can easily talk his way out of trouble. He tried it every time he would get in trouble. But sadly he was mistaken because the only person who can do that is Carter.

"You and yo' mama are just alike, especially when she was your age. Both of y'all be trying to make light of a serious situation. You got jokes huh?" Jaye let out a dry, humorous laugh. "You think this shit funny, don't you Homie the Clown? Well we gon' see if you're more than a man when we get to this house."

Jacob cursed under his breath and shook his head, failing at his attempts of being a free man. He knew his ass was about to be on fire for a good week and his mama ain't gone play with his ass neither when she get back to Cali. He sighed, looking up at the the traffic light as he was hoping this red light would spare him a few more moments of peace.

***
Camille picked up her phone and stared down at the incoming call. It's been two days since she's been back in New York and De'aundre has been trying his best to reconnect with Camille. De'aundre felt as though there were still some unspoken words that needed to be said and he wasn't going to stop at nothing until they met up and talked. He was torn when he had to move to Chicago at the age of sixteen, leaving his girlfriend and old friends behind.

Last night, after Camille ended her conversation with Jaye, she was feeling down. She was tempted to call him back, but she knew that he wouldnt answer and that's what broke her heart the most. She felt like her heart was ripping and there wasn't anything she could do about it. She began to think that her happiness would be pulled away from her soon. Aside from her sons, Camille would truly be lost if her and Jaye broke up. If she were to lose Jaye, then she wouldn't be able to feel any sanity within herself.

The phone continued to ring as Camille closed her eyes and let out a sigh. She slid her thumb over the 'answer' icon and held the phone up to her ear. She mentally cursed herself as she heard the background on the other side of the phone.

"Hello?"

"What's up, girl? You've been ignorin' a nigga now?" De'aundre laughed, picking off the lint that laid on his white and black plaid button up. He was at his cousin's house chilling and decided to call up his ex girl. Camille has been heavy on his mind and he couldn't bare the thought of not hearing her voice another second.

Camille sighed, smiling at the sound of his voice. Dre was cool people and she always looked at him as one of her oldest friends. As much as she hate to admit, Dre still had that giddy effect on her. She doesn't understand what's going on at this point and truthfully she don't care. She was just happy to talk to her friend, but little did she know, Dre wanted to rekindle some shit but not on a friend level.
"I'm sorry, Dre. I've just been so busy with my family and I haven't had time to reconnect with anyone else."

"That's cool. I understand that. You doing anything later on tonight tho?" He asked, hoping that she'll say 'no'. He really wanted to see her. It's been too long since they've last had a night out and he truly missed all of the old times they've spent together. He missed her. He missed their relationship.

But unfortunately for Dre, that's something he would never get back. Camille was too in love with Jaye to let her relationship with Jaye turn into turmoil. And even though she's "entertaining" Dre right now, it will never be more than a just a dried out friendship.

Camille was brought into a deep thought as she zoned him out. Her mind was racing as her chest stiffened with an unwanted lump forming in her throat. This was something that was unexpected for her. She was okay with him calling her to check up on her, but to actually go out together? That was something totally different. Now if she was single with no feelings for Jaye and no children, then she would have said 'yes' as soon as Dre offered. But she's not. She's engaged to someone she's truly in love with and couldn't bare the heartbreak if something were to happen and her relationship with Jaye would be done. She wouldn't want that taunting her heart nor her sons'.