"Hey hey my champion!" Manik exclaimed kneeling in the floor for Neeyan who run almost crazily towards him in order to get his warmth.

"Papa jii!" Neeyan shouted in joy and soon he was in Manik's arms who picked him up eagerly kissing his temples with all the love.

"Missed papa?" Manik whispered lovingly in Neeyan's ear and he just purred clinging to Manik like anything.

"You look sleepy Buddy!" Manik again whispered adjusting the baby cap over Neeyan's head as he noticed the red circles appearing under his eyes and walked towards the lounge where Nandini and Mr. Malhotra were bantering on something.

"Good afternoon people!" Manik greeted them and immediately placed a chaste kiss on Nandini's forehead while Mr. Malhotra gave him a smile.

"You are home early!" Nandini said lovingly and he nodded with an enthusiastic smile.

"Yes! Lucky me!" He said with a sigh and Neeyan hugged Manik tighter. "Is he okay?" Manik asked patting Neeyan's back.

"Yes! He was playing with me! Eventually he got tired and after having his feed he was about to take a nap when you came home early with your drum rolls and disturbed the poor boy's sleep!" Mr. Malhotra spoke extra sweetly and Manik looked guilty as he didn't fail to notice the taunt in his voice.

He looked at Nandini but she gave him an assuring nod.

"Neeyo! Sorry papa ki jano! I didn't know kay ap so rahy thy!" Manik immediately whispered an apology in Neeyan's ear and he just purred with a smile on his face his eyes still half closed as he tried to concentrate on his dearest father.

"Now go and put him to sleep!" Mr. Malhotra said with a bad face and Manik nodded.

"I Am going to take a nap too! will have my lunch with Manvi! Wake me up when she will come back! Bulky wo mjy khud he jaga lay ge!" Manik told Nandini his plan and she giggled nodding her head.

"I am going to take rest too! your son exhausted me!" Mr. Malhotra complaint with a bad face and walked towards his room while MaNan laughed on his banter.

"He is never gonna change is he?" Manik asked with a warm smile and Nandini shook her head.

"Am happy that you are back early! Ghar main tumhry honay ka ehsaas he bohat khobsurat hota hai!" She confessed with a shy girlish smile and Manik felt blessed once again.

"Am happy too!" He spoke lovingly and kissed her forehead once more before heading upstairs with his chota packet to take a nap.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nandini worriedly chopped to the dry fruits which she was going to add in the kheer and once again looked at the kitchen clock which was striking 4 pm.

Manvi was supposed to be home at 3 but she wasn't there nor the driver was back.

Her worries were causing her head to spin as she turned the flame off.

"Kahan reh gai ya larki!" She spoke to herself in tension and poured the kheer in the respective bowls.

"Nandini!" She jumped on Neyonika's voice and turned to see her standing with worried face.

"Why isn't Manvi here yet?" She asked.

"I don't know Mom! I just hope she must be okay! Am worried sick! I think I should go and tell Man---!" But she never had a chance to explain when she heard the car sound in the parking.

"She's here!" Neyonika spoke and both the ladies hurried towards the lounge.

Nandini's heart dipped when she saw the driver coming alone!